1st introduced to their 540 Ballistic line of brushless motors, Novak now offers vented end bell kits for their 550 Ballistic brushless motor product line. You can upgrade your existing 550 Ballistic motor, and they even offer an updated Ballistic 4.5T 550 motor with the kit pre-installed. Check out the press release below for more info:
4×4 Short Course racing pushes the limits of your equipment. To combat the high temps and demands of the modern 4×4 Short Course race day, Novak is introducing the Vented Ballistic 550 Brushless Motor- 4.5T (#3504V). This is the same motor that has been powering drivers to the top of short course podiums across the racing world, but with the added value and performance of Novak’s vented end bells. The vents allow the motor to release the hot air which reduces the motor’s operating temperature and increases the motor’s overall performance.
Double the Size, Nearly Double the Power and Torque!
Novak uses the same proven stator design and shape from the standard 540 motors, but has double the length of the stator and rotor to provide racers with the largest race-legal motor for 4×4 Short Course Trucks. This massive motor means simply that your truck will have NO power problems. Clearing triples, quads, and even the entire five-pack will become a traction issue, not a power problem! The vented end bells and proven Novak quality of motor design means high performance and extreme reliability.
Completely Rebuildable with Extensive Parts Support
Like all Novak Ballistic brushless motors, these motors are completely rebuildable. At the track, service and repairs are a snap and you will be back to turning laps right away. Replaceable sensor harness, replaceable rotor, replaceable sensor board, replaceable stator, replaceable end bells and bearings–you name it, if the motor has it, you can pick up the spare part and be back in action in no time!
What Really Makes These Motors Better?
Racers know that power is everything. The vented end bells allow you to push the motors harder while not overheating. Cooler temps mean the motor makes more power and can deliver that power more effectively.
Novak Built and Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak brushless motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
Serious 4×4 Short Course competitors search for the power advantage, and the search for the best Novak 550 motor ends with the new Vented Ballistic 550 Brushless Motor-4.5T (#3504V). This new motor is scheduled to ship July 2012.
#3504V VENTED BALLISTIC 550 MOTOR SPECS
Motor Turn: 4.5
Input Voltage: 2S LiPo
Kv (unloaded); 5,000 RPM/Volt
Motor Size (550): 2.84” x 1.41” (72.1 x 35.8mm)
Motor Weight: 9.8 oz (277.8g)
Shaft Diameter: 5mm
Rotor: Sintered Neodymium
- Twice the stator length of 540-size brushless motors for extreme power and torque needed for 4×4 Short Course vehicles, monster trucks, and extreme power enthusiasts
- Vented end bells for cooler operating motor temperatures resulting in faster speeds and longer run-times
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Oversized 5mm front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
- Rebuildable design with replaceable sensor harness, rotor, sensor board, hand-wound stator, sleeve, both end bells, ball bearings, and hardware
- Adjustable motor timing to allow fine tuning of motor feel and power band
- Removable shielded sensor harness plugs into a silicone-sealed gasket to keep dirt and debris from damaging the motor’s sensor plug, and keeps your sensor harness secure
- Nickel-plated, sintered Neodymium rotor with a rugged 5mm output shaft that is compatible with Novak Mod 1 and 32-pitch steel pinion gears
- Designed to meet ROAR specifications for 4WD Short Course racing
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All brushless motors are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
#3504V Vented Ballistic 550 Brushless Motor- 4.5T
- Front vented end bell with bearing installed
- Back vented end bell
- Cooler operating motor temperatures result in faster speeds and longer run-times.
- Lightweight, black-anodized aluminum with machined cooling vents
- Oversized, factory-installed steel ball-bearing
The new Ballistic 550 Vented End Bells & Bearing Racing Upgrade Kit (#5926) will be available in July 2012. Novak also offers the Vented Ballistic 550 Brushless Motor- 4.5T (#3504V).
#5926 Ballistic 550 Vented End Bells & Bearing Racing Upgrade Kit