This new system from Novak is compatible with all popular sensored 540-size and 380-size brushless motors, and is a perfect upgrade for all popular RTR 1/10 on-road or off-road vehicles, even 2WD short course trucks. Check out all the details in the press release below:
Looking for an affordable entry into the world of brushless power systems? If you demand a great-performing, reliable, race-proven, sensor-based system from a well-known manufacturer then look no further! Family-owned and operated for over 30 years, Novak Electronics is located in Irvine, California and has exactly what you are looking for. The new Novak Club Sensored Brushless System-17.5T (#3330) features a quality-built speed control for 1S and 2S LiPo applications, and a 540-size, 17.5-turn brushless motor. Both ESC and motor are designed, manufactured, tested and supported by Novak at their Irvine facility using the absolute best components from all over the globe. The Novak Club System is ideal for all popular RTR or 1/10th scale on-road or off-road vehicles, including popular 2WD short-course vehicles. The Novak Club Sensored Brushless ESC (#1852) is also available and is compatible with all popular sensored 540-size and 380-size sensored brushless motors. You can now join the excitement of club racing with a quality system, without breaking the bank!
ONE-TOUCH AND GO!™
The Novak Club ESC features Novak’s newest breakthrough for the club racing market: One-Touch and Go!™. Simply complete the One-Touch programming and the Club ESC is ready to run! No adjusting, tuning, or customizing. Novak has taken input from our team drivers, racing customers, and our test team to select one of the most universal, throttle profiles to date. This means you have nothing to worry about or tune on your ESC. Novak has done all the hard work for you, and has customized the ESC for optimal non-timing spec or “blinky” class racing. That’s right, an ESC that is race-ready AND easy to use! The Novak Club Brushless System is also factory wired with heavy-duty, gold-plated, battery and motor plugs for easy and quick installation.
Pure Sensor Control
Sensor-based motors and ESCs offer unmatched throttle response, and have no hesitation off the line. Novak released the first sensored brushless system designed specifically for R/C cars in 2003, and the Novak Club Brushless System is based on this industry-revolutionizing technology. Customers currently running a sensorless or brush motor set-up will be absolutely shocked by the amount of control and response of power found in Novak’s pure sensor system.
Added Protection & Features
The Novak Club ESC and brushless motor have been designed to withstand the rigors of club racing or backyard bashing, and are manufactured with high-quality, rugged components. To improve the system reliability and performance, Novak engineers have included advanced protection features found in higher-priced systems.
- Thermal Protection – The ESC keeps tabs on its core operating temperature and will back down its power to prevent the ESC from overheating.
- On-Board Temperature Diagnostics – With a quick tap of the One-Touch™ button, multi-colored LEDs will indicate how hot the ESC is for instant temperature information.
- Low-Voltage Protection – The ESC monitors the LiPo battery pack voltage and will cut off the power when the voltage falls below the critical safety voltage.
- Motor Lock-Up Protection – If your drive train or motor becomes bound up or jammed, the ESC will detect this and cut the power to prevent damage.
- Heavy-Duty BEC – Ready to handle upgraded servos.
- NovaBrakes™ – Novak’s exclusive braking system for responsive and extremely powerful brakes.
- Fan/Accessory Output – Easily plug in running lights or a cooling fan.
- Rebuildable Motor Design – Allows for easy replacement of motor components such as rotor, bearings, or adding an upgraded rotor. All motor replacement parts are available and easy to find.
VTA SYSTEM AVAILABLE
Novak has been working with the USVTA (US Vintage RC Racing Association) for several years, offering USVTA-specific motors and systems for customers racing in USVTA events. Novak is pleased to offer a VTA version of the Club System- Novak Club Brushless System-25.5T VTA (#3331) which includes the Novak Club ESC paired with a 25.5-turn, rebuildable, 540-size, sensor-based Club Brushless Motor. The Novak Club VTA System is ideal for VTA racing due to its simplicity and affordability.
NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Club ESC and Brushless Motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD
Join the Novak Club racer experience today, and enjoy the simplicity, performance and affordability for club racing has always been about. The Novak Club Sensored Brushless System-17.5T (#3330), Novak Club VTA Brushless System-25.5T (#3331), and Novak Club Brushless ESC (#1852) are scheduled to ship March 2012.
CLUB SYSTEM FEATURES
- Ideal for all 1/10th scale applications including 2WD Short Course, Off-Road Buggy, On-Road, and Sportsman Class Racing (Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class guidelines). Also ideal for 1/16th and 1/18th scale micro applications, and is compatible with Novak’s Three-80 Series Sensored Brushless Motors (#3451-3452)
- One-Touch and Go!™ -Includes a universal driving profile optimized for spec-class racing for quick and easy club racing. No complicated programming or computer interfaces to deal with.
- Consistent power for all drivers for a level playing field with no built-in ESC or motor timing/adjustability
- Compact and lightweight ESC design—fits in all popular vehicles
- ESC factory-wired with battery and motor plugs for “Plug-and-Play”
- Sensor-based system for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter set-up—still the easiest!
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to 2S LiPo batteries
- NovaBrakes™ provide smooth, responsive, and consistent braking for all driving conditions
- Water-resistant ESC case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Heavy-duty 2A BEC for high-torque, single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC’s BECs are not created equal. The Novak Club’s 2-Amp BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units.
- Built-in diagnostics provides ESC temperature monitoring at any time with the quick tap on the One-Touch™ button
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry protects ESC from overheating
- User-replaceable input harness, switch harness, power capacitor, and power wires
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- Novak Club Sensored Brushless Motor meets ROAR specifications
- Sensored motor is rebuildable, including replaceable rotor, endbells, and bearings
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality and warranty (120 days) with factory customer support and service, including Novak’s lifetime replacement program
- ESC and Motor is designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All units are 100% tested to ensure your system works right out of the box and on the track!
CLUB ESC SPECIFICATIONS
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B (no reverse)
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo only
Size: 1.15” x 0.95” x 0.66” (29.0 x 24.3 x 16.8 mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.69 oz. (19.5 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0011 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility 540-size: 17.5 -turn or higher sensored brushless motor; 380-size: All Novak Three-80 sensored brushless motors
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Battery/Motor Plugs Tamiya-style battery & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs factory installed
*1S Booster Module is recommended
NOVAK CLUB MOTOR SPECIFICATIONS
Motor Turn | 17.5T (#3330) | 25.5T (#3331)
Design | Sensored | Sensored
Stator Insert Color | Yellow | Black
Motor Size (540) | 2.08” x 1.41” (52.8 x 35.8mm) | 2.08” x 1.41” (52.8 x 35.8mm)
Motor Weight | 6.3 oz. (180g) | 6.3 oz. (180g)
Shaft Diameter | 1/8” (0.125”) | 1/8” (0.125”)
Rotor | Sintered Neodymium |Sintered Neodymium
Club Sensored Brushless ESC (#1852
Club Brushless System – 17.5 (#3330)
Club Brushless System – 25.5T VTA (#3331)