1/8-scale vehicles place a lot of demands on electric equipped vehicles and LRP is staying one step ahead by releasing a new version of their successful iX8. This new iX8 V2 brushless speed control is specifically designed for 1/8-scale applications and has new hardware components and new v2.6 Team firmware. Testing has shown that these improvements reduce overall heat and provide more consistent performance along with improved brake control that is helped by the new BR2 brake setting. There is also new Initial Drive settings for faster off-the-line acceleration. We’re hoping to get our hands on one soon and do some of our own testing.
As always, you can see ALL the latest gear in our Hot News & New Stuff forum, updated daily. Click that link.
Latest from LRP:
The internationally very successful LRP iX8 brushless competition speed control gets a worthy successor: the LRP iX8 Version 2 features a new hardware and is already equipped with the latest v2.6 team firmware as standard.
The speed control generates significantly less heat and its performance in racing is extremely consistent on the highest level.
Aggressive Initial Drive settings and the 1/8 BR2 brake – completely developed from scratch – will help you to leave your competitors behind.
The integrated Intelligent Brake/Reverse v1.0 algorithm guarantees huge driving fun also off the tracks.
- New Hardware – Cooler speed control and most consistent racing performance
- Latest v2.6 Team Firmware – Completely revamped firmware featuring new modes and optimised values
- 2S-6S LiPo operation – Wide input voltage range (7.2V-22.2V) for versatile use, with powerful 6A switching BEC
- Intelligent Brake/Reverse v1.0 – Ensures an intuitive driving experience when switching between braking and driving backwards
- USB Software Updateability – Benefit from all the latest performance improvements and updates.
- Optimized Sensored Design
- Initial drive mode
- New brake developed especially for 1/8 use
- Internal-Temp-Check System 3
- Accessories included
- Pluggable connections
- Compact and robust design
Integrated heatsink + fan: Yes
Sensored Brushless System: Yes
Voltage input: 7.2 – 22.2V
Rated current: 600A/Phase
Weight (without wires): 62g
Power wires: 3.3mm²
Adjustable modes: 4
Multi Protection System 3: Yes