Kyosho pilot Jared Tebo recently used this 4WD buggy to capture the 2011 ROAR 1/10 Electric Off-Road National title and now you can own it for yourself. Check out all the details in the official release below:
The new ZX-5 FS2 SP has been engineered to put the power and performance of the brushless motor age in your hands. Standard equipment includes big bore shocks previously offered as an option, tungsten diff balls, strengthened uni-crank, aluminum battery post compatible with various battery sizes and aluminum hex wheel clamps. These features combine to deliver improved scope for setting options, rock solid running stability with excellent damping characteristics and high durability. Each aluminum part is anodized a gun metal color for a dynamic finish. With the latest advancements in racing performance the Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP puts victory at every race with in your grasp!
Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP New Features:
- Gun Metallic Anodizing – Aluminum parts have undergone a color transformation from the stock blue color to a limited edition gun metal.
- Uni-Crank – The servo saver has undergone a material change to add higher strength for an even better steering response.
- Big Bore Velvet Coated Shocks – Previously available only as an option part, the ultra smooth big bore shocks take over where the previous velvet shocks left off and dramatically increases rough track performance. This also includes the extremely tight tolerance X-Gear springs. New gun metallic color cap and spring adjusters.
- Tungsten Diff Balls – Changed from steel to tungsten diff balls which delivers vastly increased strength and durability.
- Aluminum Clamp Hubs – Included are a full set of aluminum hex clamp wheel hubs to hold firmly the wheels in place.
- Aluminum Battery Post – New screw type battery post give you the freedom to run any type and size of battery you desire with no limitations.
- New Shock Springs – With the introduction of the New Big Bore Shocks, X-Gear springs are now included with all FS2 SP Kits as standard equipment.
- Improved Traction – 10mm longer wheelbase delivers improved traction and performance over gaps in the track for greater stability.
- Totally New Chassis Layout – New layout positions the motor and spur gear as far forward as possible. Optimal mass balance delivers sure-footed turning and stability.
- Modified Main Chassis – The new FS2 is equipped with a new modified stiffer lightweight material which reduces any chassis flex.
- FS Front End – Newly designed front suspension (knuckles, hubs, lower suspension arms) features large control angles and plenty of setting options, delivers easy turning control.
- Full Advantage – Newly designed rear suspension makes good use of changes in load for traction and easy control on a wide variety of surface types.
- Lipo Compatible – Lipo compatible battery tray layout and a new height adjustment feature.
- Minimized – Reverse rotation of center shaft minimizes counter torque.
- Efficient Slipper Clutch – Features 2-piece slipper clutch that provides traction efficiency.
- Optimum Weight Distribution – 3 : 3 battery layout achieves optimum weight distribution.
- New Shoot Body – Features advanced aerodynamically designed body and wing. Subtle curves generate effective down-force. Contributes to airborne stability and posture control. Now suitable for lipo use with no modification
- Hard Rod Ends – The rod ends feature a new, stronger material that is more durable and resists contamination from dirt. This means that the rod ends stay tighter and are less likely to be damaged or separate from the ball stud in the event of a hard crash.
New Part Numbers Included In Kit:
- W5303V Velvet Coated Triple Caped Threaded Big Bore Shocks
- W5304V Velvet Coated Triple Caped Threaded Big Bore Shocks
- 97030 Tungsten Diff Balls
- LAW30 Clamp Wheel Hubs
- LAW41 Aluminum Battery Post
What is a KIT?
A KIT is a higher level vehicle that included nearly everything you will need to build a rolling chassis. You will need to supply items like motor, ESC, battery, tires and radio equipment. Required items may vary from kit to kit so please see Required Items For Completion section for full list.
Required For Completion
- R/C system / 2-channel,1-servo, 1-ESC
- Tires / Tire insert
- 7.2V Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery (loose battery cells only *cannot be used with straight packs)
- Pinion Gear (48pitch)
- Paint for the body
- Batteries for R/C system
Length: 385mm (15.1in)
Width: 248mm (9.7in)
Height: 145mm (5.7in)
Wheelbase: 278mm (10.9in)
Gear Ration: 2.6:1
Weight: 1,650g approx *with body
30045B – $665.99 MSRP
Available: October 2011