With this year being Kyosho’s 60th anniversary, we have decided to make a special limited edition of the Ultima. This is the replica of Joel Johnson’s ultima when he won the IFMAR Worlds in 1987.
American Joel Johnson won his first 2WD class world title at the 2nd Electric Off-Road World Championship in England in 1987 driving a modified Kyosho ULTIMA. Also, TQ’ed this event and finished 1st and 2nd and 3rd.This became known as the ‘JJ Spec’ and was popular with its custom suspension, main chassis and front-rear shock stays that enhanced performance and styling. Only third-party conversion kits were available at the time and even then, it was extremely difficult to completely reproduce the JJ specifications. Now the ‘JJ Spec’ is honored as the 13th model in the Vintage Series to commemorate Kyosho’s 60th anniversary.
In 1981, at just 13 years of age, Joel Johnson won the 1:12-scale U.S. National Championship, and in 1987 he won the IFMAR World Championship in the 1:10-scale 2WD Buggy class.This was the first time a Kyosho machine won a world championship, and is still a legendary accomplishment that is talked about to this day. As the years went by, this world champion machine came to be known as the “JJ Ultima.” With numerous additional National and World Championships to his credit since 1987, Joel Johnson is still racing 1:8-scale cars at the very top level, some 36 years later.
Silver & pink stripe decals with a variety of logos recreate the signature color scheme of the Joel Johnson Spec.
Equipped with the same body used on the Tomahawk 2WD buggy, just like the original. Silver & pink stripe decals with a variety of logos recreate the signature color scheme of the Joel Johnson Spec. Side mirrors from the original have also been recreated.
While based on the original model, each part has been enhanced and modernized to meet the requirements of the latest RC systems & power sources.
FRP shock stays flexibly absorb impact from the shock units and follow the original design in shape and color. While based on the original model, each part has been enhanced and modernized to meet the requirements of the latest RC systems & power sources. Gunmetal anodized aluminum motor guard is laser-printed with the Kyosho 60th anniversary logo, which is exclusive to the special limited-edition model.
Joel Johnson’s autographed decal and 60th anniversary sticker are included.
Limited Edition! Pre Order now at your favorite retailer!
- Chassis : Stronger Uni-Direction laminated carbon fiber main chassis with skid angle in the front.
- Machined FRP shock towers
- Front and rear gold shocks. New medium hard springs for the front. Soft compound tires F/R
- Rear aluminum motor guard with special 60th anniversary logo (Only comes with kit)
- Special limited edition decal set
- Wider rear tread. 2mm offset rear hubs with 1mm washer
- Special offset front shafts for increasing forward stability
- Ball diff and rear universal swing shafts
- Tomahawk body with wing and large side walls
- Turn buckles for various adjustments
- New Battery Holder for modern Lipo packs including Short packs
- Re-issued wired type wing mount
Tread (F/R): 206mm / 214mm
Tire(F/R): 75×20mm / 82×36mm
Gear Ratio 8.64:1
Weight approx1,470g（with GAB4202）
Motor 540 class size (sold separately)
- Chassis kit
- Unpainted body
- 60th anniversary sticker
- Hexagon wrench （1.5/2/2.5mm）
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- Ball Differential Grease
Required For Operation:
- 2 channel, 1 servo R/C system for cars
- 540 class motor
- Battery for chassis
- Charger for battery for chassis
- Batteries for transmitter
- Paint for polycarbonate body