HPI has released this new nitro 1/8 buggy that is powered by a Nitro Star 4.6 engine and includes a 2.4ghz radio system. Check out all the details in the press release below:
With an all-out racing design, amazing features and massive 4.6 engine, the Pulse is a seriously impressive buggy! Whether you take it to a huge field for playing or your local race track for serious racing, you will love the power, response and strength of this awesome car!
The Pulse is what we like to call a Premium RTR Buggy – the design, spec and features are all there from the latest race buggy kits, and we’ve added the Nitro Star 4.6 engine for huge amounts of power for giant stunts and crazy top speeds! With its serious suspension and real racing design, it’s a simple matter to take the Pulse to the track.
Ready-built right out of the box and fitted with an all-new 2.4GHz radio system, the Pulse is the perfect introduction to serious 1/8th off-road buggies! You get big-air fun and race-track performance in one easy RTR package!
2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
Ready-built right out of the box and fitted with an all-new 2.4GHz radio system, the Pulse is the perfect introduction to serious 1/8th off-road buggies! No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. If the car ever loses radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop. You get big-air fun and race-track performance in one easy RTR package!
A strong chassis and smart layout is important for any racing maching, and it’s no different with 1/8 scale rallycross buggies. The Pulse, with its high performance design, takes in all the latest racing refinements from the fastest buggies on the track and combines them in a fast and durable package! Check out the top features of the chassis and layout:
* 3mm chassis made from 6061 gunmetal anodized aluminum, deep countersunk screws and sturdy dirt guards
* 6061 aluminum radio tray, middle deck, and front deck for light weight and great looks
* Composite chasis braces connect to radio tray to reduce weight and eliminate flex from the suspension
* Hex hardware throughout for easy rebuilds and less hassle than normal Philips head screws
* Low centre of gravity design for increased confidence in the bumps and better handling in the turns
* Large flywheel opening allows rocks to exit chassis and extra-easy starting with any off-road type starter box
* Sealed & padded battery & receiver box with sealed radio switch
Suspension & Steering
A strong suspension design that is easy to adjust and control is key to a good racing machine, no matter what size it is or what type of racing you’re doing. Our designers looked at all the top-performing cars out there and combined the best suspension designs into one ultra-competitive package. The Pulse gives you full adjustability: anti-dive, anti-squat, camber, caster, droop, Ackerman, roll centre, camber link position, shock position and wheelbase.
* Proven race geometry with championship-inspired design. The zero kingpin ‘inverse angle block’ design is a definite winner, and out on the track it will give you the confidence you desire as you go head to head against the club pros!
* Extra-strong race-engineered suspension arms are designed with the optimal balance of strength and flex to tackle the most demanding racing tracks and racing drivers!
* The front shock tower is 7075 aluminum for extra durability and increased reliability. The rear shock tower is 6061 aluminum, anodized the same cool gunmetal grey.
* 15mm dia large bore shocks handle the bumps and jumps, soaking up everything you throw the Pulse at. With a 6061 aluminum body, o-ring seals and thick shock shafts you know your tires will be stuck to the ground when you need traction and control.
* Strong steel turnbuckles with chunky gripping points for easy adjustment of camber and front toe.
* Extreme steering angle for tons of steering – there’s no other buggy with as much steering angle!
* Extra-strong 6061 aluminum steering link with 3 adjustment holes gives you confidence that you won’t lose control, and the extra adjustments let you fine-tune the Pulse buggy to your driving style.
* You also get an integrated servo saver with an easy to reach knurled aluminum adjustment nut.
* High torque, powerful metal gear servo factory-fitted for increased reliability when you need it most.
* Swaybars fitted for zero chassis roll in tight turns: 2.5mm front, 3mm rear
* No e-clips anywhere! The Pulse uses strong steel hex-head screws with locknuts to secure the suspension in place.
The engine fitted in the Pulse RTR is the amazing Nitro Star K4.6 HO, the legendarily powerful .28-size powerplant that makes this one of the fastest RTR buggies you can find today!
* Displacement: 4.59cc
* Engine Size: 4.6cm³ (0.28in³)
* Brake Horsepower: 2.95 bhp
* Bore/Stroke: 18.6mm/16.9 mm
* Practical/Maximum RPM : 3100 ~ 39,500 RPM/41000 RPM
* Maximum Horse Power at RPM: 2.95 hp @38000 RPM
* Starter: Pullstart (Roto Start optional)
* Carburettor Type: Composite Slide
* Bore: 9.0mm with 8.0mm and 8.5mm reducer
* aluminum tuned pipe fitted for extra power
At the front, rear and centre of the Pulse are tough and reliable gear diffs with 4-gear internals for extreme durability, and all three are filled with silicone oil for extra tuning ability. The factory settings are a great all-around starting point for most drivers, but you can easily adjust the torque settings with different diff greases to your preferred driving style.
* Easy-access diff cases allow you to get straight to each diff with minimal interference so you can swap out diff oils and tune the car’s drivetrain directly.
* Front universals get the power from the diffs to the wheels smoothly and with no loss of power. At the rear and in the centre of the car are heavy duty dogbones to handle the delivery of power to all four corners.
* Front and rear adjustable vented steel disc brakes with extra-powerful fibre brake pads give you short stopping distances with maximum control.
* Full rubber-sealed ball bearings for minimal maintenance and smooth power delivery.
* Cool white, amazing-looking Turbine design wheels with 17mm hex hubs fitted with race-ready soft compound mini-pin Trekker tires with moulded inner foams.
Performance Straight from the Box
HPI makes it as easy as possible to get into RC Off-Road action. The Pulse 4.6 is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals – diffs, shocks, suspension and more are perfect before you even open the package. And with many top racing features already installed, you don’t have to do a thing to get going fast!
HPI Ready-To-Run vehicles bring you the same high performance and quality that you’d expect from a high end RC kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards – giving you a high performance RC truck straight from the box!
#107020 RTR PULSE 4.6 BUGGY $819.00