1977. Star Wars is in theaters, the Atari 2600 is burning the screen of your console TV, and if you had an Apple II, lookout man, the future is here. As for RC tech, well, it had some catching up to do. As this amazing news bit from Britain shows, beige-box stick radios and folded sheet metal “technology” were state-of-the-art stuff. Gotta say though, these rides still look pretty cool with their vintage bodies (they’re vintage now, anyway), and they were doing 50mph even back then (not lookin’ too fast in the action shots though). And Mardave? Still in business mate, since 1969.
- Tamiya Land Rover Defender 90 Unboxing
- Easy! Make a Transmitter Phone Mount for About Three Bucks
- 4 0:25 / 4:19 Up next Autoplay 4:43 Traxxas E-Revo Integy Snow/Sand Conversion Kit Rc Barmaleuz 2.7M
- Sleep Better purple.com/mattress 0:03 / 3:58 Up next Autoplay What's New: Traxxas UDR Unlimited Des
- MiniPRO Electric Motor Dyno
- Unboxed: KO Propo EX-RR Pro Radio System
Do you have a video to share with RC Car Action? Submit your video here.