The Traxxas Tactical Unit leaked out with a few pics a week ago, and now Traxxas has kicked out official photos and details. It’s still a TRX-4 of course, with all the good stuff that entails: portal axles, high-low transmission, remote-locking diffs, cruise control, and more. What’s new is the body-wheel-tire package, which goes for a tough, tactical look. Says Traxxas:
The Traxxas TRX-4 Tactical Unit (#82066-4) is a rapid-response vehicle designed to charge into practically any situation, emerging unscathed and ready for the next fun adventure. From broken concrete and back-alley climbing, to mud, rocks, and streams, this all-terrain machine easily conquers it all.
The Tactical Unit shares the highly innovative features and capability of the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler, but includes a rugged, lightweight tactical body for increased agility. Where other trucks fear to go, the Tactical Unit charges ahead full throttle!
TRX-4 Tactical Unit Features
• Rugged, lightweight, night-camo Tactical body with scale details
• Exclusive portal axles provide extreme ground clearance and virtually eliminate torque twist
• T-Lock remote locking front and rear differentials
• Two speed high/low range transmission with remote shifting
• Rigid steel frame
• Trail-tuned XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
• TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with 4-channel transmitter
• Metal gear steering servo (#2075X)
• Threaded aluminum GTS shocks
• 1.9″ Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts on new Tactical wheels