From HB Racing:
The popular 1/8th scale Nitro GT Class continues to grow worldwide. The class features cars based on 1/8 buggy platforms, so the cars are simple & durable, and longer suspension travel allows them to be raced on temporary tracks in parking lots. Simple tuning and attractive prices adds to the equation and is a big part of the growth of the Nitro GT class around the world.
The new RGT8 from HB Racing features a chassis that is based on the World Champion D815 buggy. It’s highly adjustable for a variety of track conditions, with race-proven durability and performance. The Race DNA from the D815 means the RGT8 is fully developed and super strong. Spare parts and option parts are shared with the D815, so they’re readily available at hobby shops around the world.
High performance parts are found throughout the RGT8, such as a 2 speed transmission, lightweight di gears, rubber CVD boots, steel turnbuckles, machined engine mount and a 3mm 7075 chassis. The suspension features 16mm big bore threaded coilover shock absorbers and sti monocoque suspension arms, front and rear sway bars, hinge pin inserts for easy toe and anti-squat settings, ne adjustment of the rear camber link locations plus machined aluminum caster blocks, steering blocks and rear uprights. The steering system features an alloy servo saver arm, aluminum drag link, steel turnbuckles and woven carbon ber steering arms on the steering blocks. Alternate arm mounts, steering blocks, caster blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms and sway bars are all available to tune the RGT8 to any track or driving style.
- Upgraded central drivetrain with CVD boots
- 43/13 di gear ratio with lightweight gears
- Split center bulkhead
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- One-piece radio tray ts most LiPo battery packs
- Rear upright design
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks with extra hole
- Aluminum steering blocks with carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Enclosed radio box
- Composite chassis braces
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Lightweight aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight di outdrives and center inputs
- Rubber CVD boots
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone lter clunk
- Steel skid plate
- Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shocksprings and more
- The RGT8 is supplied in kit form, so racers can choose their own wheels, tires, body, engine and electronics.
RGT8 Design Team Notes:
- Uses the same input gear/drive shaft system as the D815, so fewer moving parts and less chance of failure.
- Shocks are equipped with ‘bellows’ bladders as pioneered on the D815 to provide volume compensation.
- Adjustable suspension geometry front and rear. All aspects of the four-bar linkage suspension are tunable.
- Sintered brake pads and double ground brake discs for fade free braking and consistent brake feel.
- Convenient electronics tray for easy removal and for easy access to servos.
- Highly adjustable Ackerman geometry via optional steering knuckle plates.
- Monocoque suspension arms with reformulated material for increased torsional sti ness.
- Clamping servo saver nut with an aluminum servo saver arm for more reliable servo saver operation.
See more posts about HB Racing