From HB Racing:
The highly anticipated E817 electric buggy is coming soon! HB Racing is currently testing the E817 at the highest level of racing, and Team Driver David Ronnefalk has proof that it’s a winner! David just TQ’d an won the 2016 EFRA 1/8 Electric Buggy European Championships in Malaga, Spain with his factory team prototype E817. With testing confirmed by race wins, full production of the E817 is in progress, with a release date by the end of 2016.
The E817 is based on the World Champion D815 nitro buggy, so it’s destined to be fast and durable. The E817 is compatible with most D815 parts and options and has the following features:
- Accepts 4s ‘brick’ packs, 2 x 2s ‘long’ batteries, and 2 x 2s ‘shorty’ batteries (allows fore/aft weight adjustment).
- Batteries sit directly on the chassis for the lowest possible CG.
- Compatible with most nitro bodies – no need for special bulky/tall e-buggy bodies.
- Pro-Line Predator body included.
- Covered receiver box, and the electronics mounts are removable for ease of cleaning the car.
- Proven D815 style drivetrain with 43/10 gearbox ratio optimized for electric power.
- D815 steering components which include aluminum servo saver arm and clamping servo saver adjustment nut.
- Updated rear hubs are now compatible with universals and CVA type drive shafts. (reverse compatible to D815)
- Updated hinge pins for easier access to front and rear diffs. (reverse compatible to D815)
- Optional ‘D’ arm mounts with fine rear toe adjustment: 2.75°, 3.00°, 3.25°, & 3.50° (3.00° is standard in kit)
- Shocks, Swaybars, Diff parts, along with numerous other components are from the race proven D815.
- Compatible with almost all of the available D815 tuning items.
So keep an eye on the HB Racing drivers and watch them rack up wins with the E817. And get ready, because E817 production has begun and the kits are coming soon!
See more posts about HB Racing
Photo credit: NeoBuggy