From HB Racing:
The D817T 1/8 scale nitro truggy from HB Racing features Race DNA from the IFMAR World Champion D817 buggy. It’s fine tuned with suggestions from our team drivers, built tough with machined aluminum and carbon graphite parts, highly adjustable for all suspension settings, and easy to work on. The D817T is a proven winner at race tracks around the world.
The D817T starts with a tough 7075 aircraft aluminum chassis that black anodized. It’s symmetrical for better balance and more consistent jumping and cornering. And it’s strategically machined to decrease weight and balance the flex characteristics. A one-piece CNC engine mount holds the engine in place on the 7075 alloy chassis. A complete competition 3-shoe clutch is included, along with sintered brake pads and double ground brake discs for fade free braking and consistent brake feel. Fully adjustable brake/throttle linkage is standard, as well as a racing fuel tank with stone clunk, and a lightweight foam air filter. A convenient covered electronics box allows easy removal for cleaning and maintenance, and easy access to servos.
Like its World Champion D817 teammate, the D817T has a reputation for toughness. Its race-proven 4WD system uses high strength steel center drive shafts, tough sintered diff gears, precision machined steel input gears and spur gear, and machined aluminum wheel hubs. The D817T comes with high efficiency CVA drive shafts that are fully rebuildable.
HB Racing big bore threaded coilover shock absorbers help soak up extreme tracks. The suspension includes front and rear carbon graphite shock towers, adjustable turnbuckles, front and rear sway bars, hinge pin inserts for easy toe and anti-squat settings, machined aluminum caster blocks, aluminum steering blocks, and aluminum rear uprights with improved geometry. Updated suspension now use a harder material for consistent handling, and they eliminate the need for external stiffeners.
The D817T steering system is built for durability and easy adjustment. It features an aluminum servo saver arm and clamping servo saver adjustment nut, steel turnbuckles, aluminum drag link, highly adjustable Ackerman geometry using steering knuckle plates, and CNC machined aluminum steering blocks that are fitted with carbon fiber steering arms, which can be swapped for a range of option arms to adjust the Ackerman for pinpoint steering.
The D817T comes with a clear Pro-Line Enforcer truggy body and Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan wing. Our popular one-piece High Wing Mount is standard equipment, which raises the wing 10mm higher than the low wing mount, putting the wing in less turbulent air flow which helps produce more downforce.
The new D817T is updated to our latest specs based on Team Driver input and numerous race wins around the world, giving you winning performance and extreme durability straight out of the box.
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Fine Adjustment Aluminum D-Mount
- Revised Rear Upright Geometry
- CVA drive shafts included
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/10 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- Harder suspension arm material
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- Enclosed radio tray
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Carbon graphite front and rear shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Enforcer clear buggy body
Notes from the D817T designer, Torrance Deguzman:
- The drivetrain has been updated to D817/E817 spec gearboxes and diff input gears.
- D817 spec split center bulkhead for easy access to center diff.
Brakes are upgraded to D817 specs with sintered brake pads with double ground steel disc brakes.
- Harder materials are used on the suspension arms so that additional stiffeners are no longer needed.
- High efficiency CVA drive shafts, fully rebuildable, and include rubber boots for protection from dirt.
Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more.
Supplied in kit form only, assembly required.
Requires engine, tuned pipe, radio, receiver, 2 servos, receiver battery, paint, tires, CA glue, wheels.