Yep, it’s really happening now: HPI’s long-anticipated gasoline-burning monster truck, the Savage XL Octane, is finally on its way. HPI last teased the truck during the Nurnberg Toy fair with the video below, and Hobbico just press-released the truck as “available now.” The Octane isn’t up on the HPI site yet, but Tower Hobbies shows the truck with an availability date of “early May.” So, any day now. That puts the Octane on track to be the first gasoline-powered monster to hit shelves, since the Losi LST XXL-2 isn’t due until June. One thing’s for sure, this is going to be the Summer of gas-burning monster trucks!
- BUILD REVEAL: Tamiya Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) Bus
- Project Build Kickoff: Redcat Gen8 Scout II RTR - Unbox + Upgrades
- Unboxed and Up Close: Losi 22S ST RTR Brushless Stadium Truck
- Traxxas Rustler 4X4 Unboxed and In Depth - Nice!
- Tamiya Land Rover Defender 90 Unboxing
Do you have a video to share with RC Car Action? Submit your video here.