One look at Jeremy’s custom conversion and you wouldn’t be faulted for assuming that Land Rover must have built a cab-over-engine version of the Defender 90 but it never did. This vehicle is loosely based on a concept for a D90-based camper van toyed with by German Land Rover specialist Matzker, but Jeremy took it to a new level with an upgraded chassis and a paint scheme and crew quarters suggesting a Camel Trophy support vehicle. It required the splicing of two RC4WD D90 bodies mounted to a shortened RC4WD Marlin chassis. To get the wheelbase just right he used TF2 front leaf springs and Gelande rear leafs. Extra items include A&M Garage’s shackle reverse kit, a transfer case protector, and a rear anti-wrap bar. Power comes from a Castle Mamba X and 2850 Slate motor. Reef’s RC supplies the 444 steering servo and 422 winch, and trail grip comes courtesy of Raceline wheels and Braven tires—both from Pit Bull RC.
Based on a RC4WD Marlin Crawler
– Two RC4WD D90 bodies spliced into a van configuration
– Shortened RC4WD Marlin chassis with TF2 front and Gelande rear leaf springs
– A&M Garage shackle reverse kit, a transfer case protector, and a rear anti-wrap bar
– Castle Creations Mamba X controller and 2850 Slate motor
– Reef’s RC 444 steering servo and 422 winch
– Pit Bull RC Raceline wheels and Braven tires