From Castle Creations:
We’re thrilled to introduce the Cobra 8, our next generation electronic speed controller (ESC) for surface applications. As the inaugural product in a new line, the Cobra 8 is engineered with cutting-edge technology tailored specifically for 1:8th scale vehicles weighing up to 15 lbs.
The Cobra 8 boasts a state-of-the-art 32-bit, dual-core processor, ushering in a new era of precision and performance. Its enhanced data logging capabilities offer extended recording times, faster sampling rates, and a wealth of data points, enabling users to delve deeper into their vehicle’s performance than ever before.
Crafted with a CNC aluminum bottom case, the Cobra 8 is engineered to endure the most rigorous conditions, ensuring reliability in every race or off-road adventure.
One of its defining features is our acclaimed CRYO-DRIVE™ technology, engineered to reduce operational temperatures, significantly prolonging the ESC’s lifespan. Moreover, equipped with an impressive 8-amp BEC, the Cobra 8 can effortlessly power the most demanding servos, making it an indispensable ally in your high-performance setup.
We’ve packaged the Cobra 8 with three different Castle 4 -POLE 12-SLOT motor options to overpower a wide range of 1:8th scale vehicles.
Castle is proud to partner with Ghost RC and offer a drag specific version. It contains drag specific settings to control launch, manage power, and offers 166% more electrical motor timing. Visit Ghost-RC.com for more details.
- 32-Bit Processing power for smoother motor control and improved response time.
- Enhanced Data Logging includes:
- Double the maximum sample frequency of older generations.
- 8x increased logging time of older generations.
- Data point for ESC electrical motor timing.
- Data point for acceleration via onboard accelerometer.
- Looping feature prevents interruptions in data log recording.
- Ability to download specific sessions.
- Additional tuning features include:
- Improved braking adjustability
- Separate brake and reverse curves
- Highly adjustable internal BEC. (5.0V – 8.0V adjustable in 0.1V increments)
- Access to tuning options and firmware updates for free with Castle Link V4 USB programmer included with purchase. Now with USB-C connector! (Requires Windows 10 or higher)
- Mounting holes located in bottom of aluminum case for installation into vehicle.
- Input Voltage Range 6.0v – 25.2v (2s – 6s LiPo)
- SmartSense™, Sensored Only and Brushed Motor Operation Modes
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.0V – 8.0V)
- CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Premium forged heatsink with elliptical fins for superior air flow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 30mm cooling fan
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for “on-the-fly” adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Includes Castle Link V4 USB adapter for Windows.
- Cobra 8 is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, KS USA and backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty
COBRA 8 COMES WITH:
- Cobra 8 ESC
- Castle Link V4 USB Adapter
- 300mm Direct Connect Sensor Wire
- Cobra Decals
- ESC Quick Start Guide
#010-0172-00 – Cobra 8 25.2V 1/8 ESC – $209.95
#010-0172-01 – COBRA 8 25.2V ESC W / 1512-1800KV SENSORED MOTOR – $329.95
#010-0172-02 – COBRA 8 25.2V ESC W / 1512-2650KV SENSORED MOTOR – $329.95
#010-0172-03 – COBRA 8 25.2V ESC W / 1515-2200KV V2 SENSORED MOTOR – $329.95
Ghost RC Cobra 8 ACE ESC & 1408-7000KV 4-Pole Motor
Ghost RC is excited to introduce the most powerful 4-pole motor ever to hit the NPRC track! The new 1408-7000KV Ghost RC motor was designed in collaboration with Castle Creations to once again push the limits of 2s no prep drag racing and claim the throne as the new king of 4-pole power.
The 1408-7000kv motor from Ghost RC is built for speed with a stainless-steel rotor sleeve and high-performance bearings which enable higher gearing and a head-spinning 90,000 RPM limit. Its racing-grade neodymium magnets, stainless steel shaft and 8AWG silicone wires will deliver all the power you need to launch out of the sticky prep at the start and dominate the competition across the finish.
The Ghost RC 1408-7000kv motor builds upon thousands of hours of experience with Castle’s ground-breaking 1412-6400kv motor and takes it to the next level with the ultimate in power and tunability to melt the track and leave your competition behind!
Bundle and save with this killer no prep drag racing combo.