Chris tells us that after discovering RC and completing a couple crawler and drift-car builds, he found that he enjoyed building even more than running his vehicles. He was lucky enough to get hooked up with a group near his home in Hawaii—the “808 Scale Haulerz”—and began his first little big-rig build: this Tamiya Grand Hauler ’39 Chevy COE (short for “Cab Over Engine”). The underlying Tamiya chassis is mostly stock and uses the factory 3-speed gears, spun by a RC4WD 55T motor. It rides on rims from Integy with lower-profile tires up front to give it the desired rake. He installed an ESS ONE sound system for the proper diesel rig soundtrack and also added a Tamiya light kit. Of course the real star is the 3D-printed COE body which he printed from a file found on Scale3Drc.com, and which he had his local hobby shop Sandy Fleming’s Fast Elec-Trick’s paint up for him.
- BUILD REVEAL: Tamiya Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) Bus
- Project Build Kickoff: Redcat Gen8 Scout II RTR - Unbox + Upgrades
- Unboxed and Up Close: Losi 22S ST RTR Brushless Stadium Truck
- Traxxas Rustler 4X4 Unboxed and In Depth - Nice!
- Tamiya Land Rover Defender 90 Unboxing
Do you have a video to share with RC Car Action? Submit your video here.