From Horizon Hobby:
For extreme off-roading with more “Get me out of here!” grip, six wheels are better than four. See what new territory you can explore with the 1/10 scale Axial® UMG10™ 6X6 RTR. Built around the proven SCX10™ II chassis, the UMG10™ 6X6 delivers class-leading RC crawler performance in a convenient, ready-to-run package — only a battery and charger are required. The military-style body captures the look of full-size 6X6 trucks, with scale features that include 1.9 military-spec wheels and tires, a working spare, and built-in mounting positions for front and rear LED lights. The performance on dirt and gravel trails does thrilling justice to the vehicle’s full-scale, all-terrain inspiration. Waterproof electronics keep the action alive over snow, mud, and more. With its durable SCX10 II metal-geared transmission, rugged AR44™ axles, full ball bearings, and more, the Axial® SCX10 II UMG10™ 6X6 lets even first-time RC drivers keep on going when the going gets tough!
TANDEM REAR AR44 AXLES
The UMG10™ 6X6 class-leading axle performance. Tandem AR44™ rear axles with a high pinion design provide the toughness needed for rugged off-road trails. Universal joint axles, helical cut internal gears and high-quality bearings are all standard equipment. The ring gear/locker is a single-unit piece made of strong sintered metal, and the pinion is CNC cut for durability.
The AR44™ axles feature a high pinion gear set for a much lower gear ratio than most vehicles, plus a smaller pumpkin and added strength. The gear set overcomes the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. The axle itself retains the durability associated with the SCX10, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing
- High pinion gears for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles
- High pinion design increases gear surface contact for greater durability
- Larger load bearings around the gear set reduce flex and strengthen the drivetrain
- Single piece axle housing adds strength
- One-piece all-metal locker front and rear
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more scale look
- Optimized gear ratio reduces torque twist
- Ring gear/locker is a single-piece unit made of strong sintered metal