Novak has been a big supporter of the U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series and they even developed a special Ballistic Spec 25.5T brushless motor to use for competition. They recently introduced a new motor product line called the Vulcan, and they have borrowed some of that technology to create the new Ballistic Boss VTA edition 25.5T brushless motor. The Boss uses the original Ballistic Spec 25.5T stator, plus updated end-bells and cooling vents. Read the official press release below for more info:
The Ballistic Boss VTA Edition Brushless Motor is an updated motor that uses the original Ballistic Spec 25.5T stator, and adds updated end bells and cooling vents to improve the longevity of your investment. Updated bearings and parts have been used to streamline the motor’s fit and finish. The standard Neo 12.3mm rotor returns as the proven choice for efficiency and long life. The Ballistic Boss VTA motor meets the Trans-Am Association’s guidelines and will ensure an exciting and fun day at the track.
The Boss VTA Edition 25.5T motor has been developed to perform alongside the Ballistic 25.5T VTA motors to offer fair and consistent competition. VTA has been growing racing across the nation, and Novak is proud to support the VTA and their efforts to continue growing simple fun and fair racing for all levels of talent and ability.
The Ballistic Boss VTA Edition Brushless Motor features an easy-to-adjust timing assembly, a removable sensor harness, and a completely rebuildable construction, including the interchangeable stator. Each Ballistic Boss VTA motor is built, electronically timed, and tested by experienced motor technicians at the Novak factory in Irvine, California. We take pride in bringing a USA-made product to the USVTA world of racing.
WHAT IS VINTAGE TRANS-AM?
The U.S. Vintage Trans-Am 1/10-scale R/C Road Racing Class is based on 4WD touring cars. Its goal is to return these classic cars to the track in a cost-controlled racing format that promotes driver development and entertaining racing. The class’ rules were developed to provide competitive racing with controlled chassis, battery, motor, tire and body specifications. For a low-initial cost, prospective Trans-Am racers can get a car and electronics, and be racing with little time or effort. To learn more about the U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Series, visit its official Web site.
NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Ballistic Boss VTA Brushless Motor is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. Each motor stator is hand-wound for maximum copper fill, and each motor is individually tested for consistency. The motors are also tuned to the same factory timing, run under a simulated load, and visually inspected, packaged and weighed to ensure the best product is sent to customers. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team.
SPEED CONTROL COMPATIBILITY
The following ESCs are recommended for use with the Ballistic Boss VTA Edition Brushless Motor:
- Pulse Racing (#1755)
- Impact Racing (#1730)
- Havoc Pro SC w/X-Drive (#1745)
- GTB 2 w/X-Drive (#1748/#1749)
- EDGE 2S (#1850/#1851)
- Club ESC (#1852)
The Ballistic Boss VTA motor is recommended for the following applications:
2WD Short Course Truck
1/12-Scale & 1/10-Scale Pan Car
Rock Crawling (ESC will operate in non-crawling mode)
- High quality brushless sensor-based motor approved for USVTA racing
- Meets ROAR and IFMAR specifications
- Vented end bell design for increased airflow and reduce operating temps
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Completely rebuildable design with removable shielded sensor harness, rotor, sensor assembly, wound stator, bearing cap, hardware, sleeve and both end bells
- Oversized front bearing [1/2″ x 3/16″ (12.7 x 4.8mm)] for increased load handling and bearing life
- High performance sintered Neodymium rotor magnetized by Novak
- Adjustable mechanical motor timing to fine-tune the motor’s feel and power band
- Heavy-duty solder tabs
- Constructed of high quality materials and proven design
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All brushless motors are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Motor Turn 25.5T
Part Number #3626V
Motor Size (540) 2.07″ x 1.41″ (52.6 x 35.8mm)
Motor Weight 6.2 oz. (175.8g)
Shaft Diameter (inches) 0.125
Kv (Unloaded) 1,550 RPM/volt
Magnetic Material Sintered Neodymium
Note: The Ballistic Boss-Edition 25.5T VTA Motor replaced #3625V Ballistic Spec 25.5T VTA brushless motor.
#3626V – Ballistic Boss VTA Edition 25.5T Brushless Motor
#3338 – Edge / Ballistic Boss VTA 25.5T Race Combo