Reader’s Rides is sponsored by PRO-LINE. Click for the latest gear!
Kodiak, Alaska can get pretty frosty in winter, so in the evenings Cole Hockema likes to warm his Axial SCX10 II by the fire! No word on specific fireproofing mods for the kit-built crawler, but it can handle the ice part thanks to snow chains Cole designed and built himself. When the weather is more seasonable the BF Goodrich all-terrains mounted on Axial 8-hole beadlocks (on 12mm hex wideners) work just fine. When not lit by campfire, the Jeep Cherokee Sport-bodied SCX relies on a Pro-Line 2-inch light bar on the front bumper. Power comes courtesy of an AE-5 controller and a Trailbreaker 35T motor.
For more Reader’s Rides like this, join RC Car Action Premium.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members
Want to see your machine here? Send photos and a description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to send the full-size photos. If that bogs your email, use WeTransfer–it’s easy and free.
For tips on photographing your car, watch the video at the bottom of the page:
Click to enlarge