This new motor plate from Avid features 45 degree angled vents that reduce weight and help to increase air flow to your motor. They have also released a new aluminum servo saver arm for the Team Associated RC8.2 platform to help prevent your steering linkage from coming loose in a race. Check out all the details in the press release below:
Take advantage of the unique design of the AVID vented motor plates to improve your buggy or truck. Associated and TLR vehicle owners will appreciate AVIDs innovative twist on the common motor plate.
- Innovative Angled vent design: The AVID design team wanted to remove as much weight as possible up high, so we created the 45 degree angled vents which cut completely through the part.
a. Removing weight and adding much-needed airflow around the motor-plate.
b. We angled the vents to keep debris out and let air in… a win-win!
c. Vents placed to remove material above the motor, yet still maintain a rigid motor plate to keep gear mesh consistent.
- 100% milled. We avoid all the extra stress that comes from stamping parts in order to keep the motor plates flat and your gear mesh perfect.
- Black Anodized 3mm 6061-T6 Aluminum with silver chamfered edge.
- Each package includes 1 vented motor plate and 1 AVID mini decal sheet.
The AV1011 B4.1 Vented Motor Plate fits the all Associated cars based on the B4 platform (B4.1, B4, T4.1, T4, SC10).
The AV1015 TLR 22 Vented Motor Plate fits TLR cars based on the 22 platform (22, 22T).
AV1011 B4.1 Vented Motor Plate Associated B4.1, T4.1, SC10 $17 available now
AV1015 TLR 22 Vented Motor Plate TLR 22 and 22T $17 June 2012
RC8.2 Aluminum Servo Saver Arm
The 1800 RC8.2 Aluminum Servo Saver Arm is designed to eliminate flex in the steering system as well as add a second element of safety to prevent your steering linkage from coming loose in a race. AVID team drivers report that the buggy feels more predictable and is able to hold an arc better through high-speed banked turns.
- Machined from billet aluminum then black anodized.
- Direct replacement for kit supplied plastic part.
- Rigid design won’t twist or deflect during hard cornering.
- Jam nut design with M3 threaded arm. The lower nut acts as a jam nut to stop the steering linkage from coming loose in long mains.
- Slightly longer than standard to give additional throw without clearance issues.
- Each package includes 1 black anodized aluminum servo saver arm and 1 AVID mini decal sheet.
Material: Billet 6061-T6
Weight: 7.0g (Stock RC8 Servo Arm: 3.3g)