The TLR 13mm shock bodies offer 22 and 22X-4 racers the plush feeling of the larger bodies while utilizing all your other G3 components. When Cecil and his team at Schumacher developed the 13mm shock bodies in 2011 for the Cougar SV, the US market didn’t take notice because our tracks were so different. The benefits were undeniable though when AE released theirs in the US for their B6.4.
In 10th scale, pack is not something we strive for like we do in 8th scale. The larger 13mm body allows for less volume displacement under compression which allows for a much more predictable feeling on the track. This is why we have included (2) 2.0mm thin blank pistons for you to get going. With the piston face being larger at 13mm, this requires more oil to be moved so the standard piston configuration of 2×1.5 in the front and 2×1.6 in the rear does not work the same. We recommend starting with 2×1.8 in the front and 2×1.9 in the rear.
We recommend drilling the pistons to 2×1.8 in the front and 2×1.9 in the rear. Avid and AE 13mm pistons will work in these shocks.
- 13mm shock body for TLR 22 and 22X-4 buggies.
- Works with all current G3 shock parts (cap, collars, cartridge, and shaft).
- Comes with (2) 2.0mm thick blank 13mm pistons (Recommend 2×1.8 front and 2×1.9 rear).
- Hard anodized for longevity, silver highlights for that sparkle, and laser etched AV logo for shameless advertising (thx).
- Each package includes (2) TLR 13mm front shock bodies, (2) 2.0mm thin blank pistons, and (2) cap and (2) cartridge o-rings.