Since the release of Associated’s B5 buggies, we’ve been expecting the A-Team’s latest off-road tech to transition to a new “T” stadium truck. Well, it’s here! The new RC10T5M is offered exclusively as a mid-motor design, and as expected it carries over the latest innovations and tuning features of the B5M buggy with a wider footprint and longer wheelbase. Let’s have a look…
Naturally, AE’s top truck arrives with the latest in cab-forward body styling. Except it’s not really “styling,” it’s engineering. Cab-forward bodies look the way they do for performance, not style.
The chassis appears to be plastic from this angle, but there’s an aluminum slab under there. The chassis accepts ROAR-approved 2S saddle and shorty packs. You’re on your own for wheels and tires, the T5M doesn’t include them.
See, we told you it was aluminum. The hard-anodized plate has radiused sides to stiffen it, and some milling going on.
No surprise to see the latest V2 Big-Bore shocks. The slick 12mm bodies and 3mm shafts give excellent damping performance in the B cars, they’ll be just as good on the truck. Remember when 1/8 scale shocks were this big?
Two sets of inserts allow a total of five camber link positions, and inserts press into the hub carriers to set toe-in. Note how the CV joint is sunk into the hub bearing to capture its crosspin.
The steering arms can be set at different heights in the C-hubs by moving spacers around, and axle inserts allow you to select inline or trailing positions. There are also inserts to set caster. Note that the axle and wheel hex are one piece.
The transmission is a four-gear design to accommodate the mid-motor layout with normal motor rotation. The tranny features a lighter aluminum top shaft, stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and 14-carbide diff balls.
Visit the Associated site for more photos, see below for official PR
From Team Asssociated
Since the beginning of the class, Team Associated has been the leader in 1:10 scale 2WD truck racing. Over 24 years have come and gone since the first RC10T made its debut in 1991 and created a winning legacy that continues today in a truck class which is ever evolving.
Making the perfect marriage. By taking the proven championship-winning RC10T4 platform and applying the technologies used in the B5M, the engineers of Team Associated’s Area 51 created the RC10T5M. Like the B5M, the T5M has an aluminum chassis and mid-motor configuration that are designed to take full advantage of the surface conditions and high traction levels available on today’s tracks.
The RC10T5M has been designed and built to the highest standard to give racers the performance edge over the competition.
- Advanced mid-motor design developed and applied to the race-winning RC10T truck platform
- Narrow, hard-anodized aluminum chassis with centralized mass and mid-motor position for improved handling on high-grip offroad tracks
- Chassis fits R.O.A.R.-approved 2S saddle packs and 2S short packs using optional foam insert
- Factory Team V2 12mm Big Bore-threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shafts and low-friction O-rings
- Four-gear transmission with lighter aluminum top shaft, stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and a 14-carbide ball differential for increased life and torque capacity
- Adjustable front suspension mount angle (kick-up) options of 25 deg. and 30 deg.
- Pro-Line T5M clear body and spoiler included
- Aluminum rear ball stud mount included
- New inline front suspension features heavy-duty steering and caster blocks, while the insert system allows for easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- One-piece front axle/hex adapter and larger front wheel bearing for added durability
- Full bearing steering system with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments
- Heavy-duty ball cups and ball studs allow for maximum suspension travel while reducing binding and friction
- Rear hubs feature larger bearings as well as the quick and easy insert system to adjust camber link position and rear toe-in
Required to Complete
- 1:10 scale 540 size electric motor
- 1:10 scale electronic speed control
- 7.4V LiPo or 6.6V LiFe battery (saddle pack, shorty pack, or square pack)
- Battery charger (able to charge one of the batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter, and its batteries
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear (48 pitch)
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint for body
- 1:10 scale truck tires for 2.2″ truck wheels
- 2.2″ truck wheels
- Glue for tires and wheels