In just a few weeks, the Reedy International Off Road Race of Champions returns with the deepest field of competitors yet. 30 of the best off-road racers in the world will battle for supremacy in the ultra-competitive Invitational class where consistency, speed, and racing savvy rewards the top combined performer of 2WD and 4WD buggies.
Additionally, 100 racers in the 2WD Open class and 100 racers in the 4WD Open class will compete for the win and become the first driver(s) invited to compete in the 2014 Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions. With main events going down to the “M” main, a depth of talent is assured.
New for 2013 is the Junior Final, showcasing the future superstars of RC. This single 10-minute final is for the top 10 participants under 16 years of age and not competing in the 2WD “A” final.
With 230 total entries for the event, the time table will be strictly adhered to and distributed during check-in that starts Wednesday, January 23 beginning at 3pm at West Coast R/C Raceway. A daily schedule of events is as listed below:
- Wednesday, 1/23, 3pm – Check-in and open practice for all non-invitational drivers (WCRC practice fee required).
- Thursday, 1/24, 9am – 3 rounds of 5-minute controlled practice heats for both Open and Invitational.
- Friday, 1/25, 9am – Open: 3 rounds of qualifying. Invitational: 4 rounds of 2WD Buggy heats.
- Saturday, 1/26, 9 am – Open: 1 round of qualifying and lower main events. Invitational: 2 rounds of 2WD Buggy heats and 2 rounds of 4WD Buggy heats.
- Sunday, 1/27, 9 am – Open: Upper main events. Invitational: 4 rounds of 4WD Buggy heats.
More details regarding the event can be found at www.reedyrace.com, including tire rules, a more detailed schedule, vehicle and event rules, media, and event history.
A promotional video for the event has been produced by LiveRC Studios and is available here:
Who do you think will take the titles in 2013? Tune in to the live broadcast on LiveRC.com beginning January 24, 2012 at 9am PST to watch the journey unfold, and stay tuned to participate in the LiveRC Fantasy RC League and win a fully loaded Team Associated B4.1 with Reedy, LRP, Pro-Line, JConcepts and UpGrade accessories.