XRAY has officially announced their new 1/8 nitro buggy that is packed with a ton of new parts and features. Check out the press release below for all the details:
Juraj Hudy and the XRAY Engineering and Racing Teams have conceptualized and built the all-new XB9 platform based on long-term experience and achievements. The XB9 is all-new, featuring innovative XRAY Multi-Flex™ adjustment, superior weight balance and weight distribution, easy chassis flex setting for traction and stability adjustment, and more forgiving and easy-to-control handling. Long-term tested by Team and regular drivers in all conditions, the innovative design focuses all the way down to the smallest details to increase performance, handling, and reliability. All-new shocks feature completely redesigned parts which were real-world track tested as well as using special simulation equipment for extreme overload.
With Car of the Year award, Viewers Choice award, and countless wins and victories at racetracks around the world including European Championship title, XRAY presents the all-new XB9. All made in Europe.
• All-new XB9 platform
• Innovative XRAY Multi-Flex™ setting
• All-new and improved weight balance and weight distribution
• Easy chassis flex setting for traction and stability adjustment
• More forgiving and easy-to-control handling
• Long-term tested by team and regular drivers in all standard conditions
• Focus on smallest details to increase performance, handling, and reliability
• All-new shocks with completely redesigned parts were long-term tested at tracks and using special simulation equipment for extreme overload
• New drivetrain parts for increased performance, weight balance, traction, and reliability
• New narrower chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction and stiffer in lateral direction
• New chassis flex adjustment
• New radio box plate with batteries relocated to front
• New side guards with Multi-Flex™ adjustment offer improved side protection against dirt and protection of the fuel tank
• New high-downforce body with side guides and improved engine cooling
• New rear wing with increased side stability and increased downforce
• New rear wing was specifically designed to work with the new body
• New more-reliable central drivetrain with larger outdrives and new central drive shafts with 3mm pins
• New drive shaft locking rings prevent the driveshaft from coming apart
• New drive shaft rubber covers protect the CVD drive shafts from dirt
• New front & rear drivetrain ratios feature 12T pinion gear and 40T diff gear
• New 13T clutchbell and central diff 46T spur gear
• New front & rear lowered shocktowers with one-line optimized shock positions
• New big-bore, long-stroke shock construction featuring all-new shock parts
• New increased shock stroke for increased suspension downtravel
• New reinforced shock ball-joints and shock balls with increased movement
• New hardcoated shock bodies with black coating
• New lower shock nut with shock shaft centering
• New shock collar for increased suspension downtravel
• New ultra-precise 6-, 8- and 10-hole shock pistons with different hole diameters
• New longer shock shafts
• New ultra-fine shock protective rubbers with new construction and mounting
• New rear uprights with dual holes for short and long arm mounting
• New rear suspension arm gives possibility to adjust the length of the arm depending on the track conditions
• New optimized shock positions on front & rear suspension arms
• New front suspension arms allow mounting of 5° king-pin steering block without needing to use offset wheel adapters
• New steering plate with 3 different Ackermann positions
• New improved, higher-precision servo saver
• New front brace
• New lightweight drivetrain parts
• New updated rear wing holders
• New body mounting via 1 front and 2 rear body mounts
• New sealing between body and side guards uses Velcro tape to prevent dirt getting to the chassis
• New central differential mounts
Details of all new parts:
New narrow, straight chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction yet is stiffer in lateral direction. CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, hardcoated for durability and long life.
XRAY Multi-Flex™ has been now applied to off-road, giving super-easy chassis flex adjustment for traction and stability adjustment. An exclusive XRAY innovation.
All-new radio plate design incorporates a new compact composite radio box. Batteries are now located to front for better balance. Clean and smooth 1-piece plate design.
Tough composite side guards give improved side protection, fits perfectly to chassis to seal against dirt, and protects the fuel tank. Features integrated Multi-Flex™ adjustment.
New-concept high-downforce body is designed to work with the new high-downforce wing for incredible handling. Features integrated side guides and gives improved engine cooling.
Improved drivetrain parts give increased reliability and efficiency along with lower mass. Made from world-renown HUDY Spring Steel™ and extra-hardened for superior performance and ultra-long lifespan.
All-new drivetrain ratio gives increased efficiency and improved performance. Features the following gearing:
• 40T front diff gear
• 40T rear diff gear
• 12T front pinion
• 12T rear pinion
• 13T clutchbell
• 46T central diff
Reliable central driveshafts
All-new central drive shaft design gives increased reliability. The larger and stronger outdrives feature protective rubber boots, thick 3mm pins, and a protective locking ring. Made from extra-hardened HUDY Spring Steel™.
All-new shock tower design with one-line shock positions give optimized mounting positions. Lightweight but extra-thick graphite material.
With all-new parts and construction, these big-bore, long-stroke shocks offer increased downtravel and increased reliability and performance.
All-new shock parts
All new shock parts include new hardcoated shock bodies, reinforced ball-joints, shock balls with increased movement. New lower shock nut gives superior shock shaft centering. Ultra-precise shock pistons feature 6-, 8- and 10-hole shock pistons. The new longer shock shafts and new shock collar combine to give increased downtravel. New ultra-fine shock protective rubbers give superior sealing against dirt.
Increased shock stroke and new shock collars give more suspension downtravel for improved jumping.
New rear uprights
New design, lightweight design rear uprights feature dual holes and allow for short and long arm mounting. The 3 upper roll centers give superior adjustment possibilities.
New rear suspension arms
New-design rear suspension arms allow for arm length adjustment, optimized geometry, and give easier set-up depending on track conditions. Extra-strong exclusive composite mixture.
Optimized shock positions
New, optimized shock positions on front & rear arms gives preset geometry, and allow for easy set-up.
New front suspension arm
Newly-designed and optimized geometry front suspension arm allows fitting of 5° king-pin steering block without need for offset wheel adapters. Made from extra-strong, exclusive composite mixture.
New steering plate
All-new steering plate design features 3 different Ackermann positions. Easy to set-up and gives optimized geometry. Made from CNC-machined high-grade graphite material.
New servo saver
New design servo saver has been updated to fit the new chassis layout. Offers improved reliability, higher-precision steering, and optimized geometry. Very easy to set up.
New front brace
New front brace design for new chassis layout. Strong yet flexible, it provides the right amount of flex.
Improved body mounting
Improved design for mounting the new high-downforce body, features 2 rear body mounts and 1 front body mount. Provides increased body stability.
New rear wing holder
Updated rear wing holders are strongly constructed and offer different wing mounting positions. Made from special XRAY-developed composite material.
New side guards feature areas for Velcro tape to form a perfect seal between side guards and body to prevent dirt from getting into the chassis.
New central diff stands
Newly-designed central differential stands are higher to fit new larger center spur gears, and give easy access to the diff.
XRAY XB9 General specs:
• premium high-competition off-road buggy
• efficient Zero Kingpin suspension
• lightweight & strong composite steering blocks with molded-in steel bushings
• well-proven suspension parts and geometry
• ultra-low CG, all parts centralized in chassis
• optimized front/rear and left/right weight balance for perfect jumping
• pure racing design, highest performance, ultra-durable parts
• ultra-lightweight, high-tensile transmission parts hand-made from special world-renowned top-secret self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™
• drivetrain includes 22 high-speed rubber-sealed bearings for maximum efficiency and speed
• ultra-precision front/rear and center diffs with HUDY Spring Steel™ outdrives
• pinions, spurs, crown gears and clutchbell manufactured by HUDY
• steel brake disks for ultra-efficient, fade-free braking
• high-grip brake pads
• exclusive adjustable turnbuckles from Swiss 7075 T6
• small profile steering blocks with molded-in steel bushings and ultra-light caster blocks
• ultra-strong inboard & outboard suspension pivot pins
• front & rear anti-roll bars
• centralized engine positioning
• gearboxes with Labyrinth Dust Covers™
• clutchbell with oversized ball-bearings
• super-low profile foam air filter with redesigned rubber elbow
• larger-capacity fuel tank with capacity-adjustment inserts
• fuel line holders mounted directly on fuel tank
• fuel tank pressure cap with 1-piece profiled seal for perfect fitment
• XRAY Premium Shock Oils for perfect consistency
• Winner’s pedigree – European Champion, countless National and Championship titles, Multiple Car-of-the-Year awards
Prototype shown. Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.