After spending some time at STL Customs designing and making my SC10 GT conversion for the Team Associated RC10GT, I was able to find some time to continue on my 1/5-scale trophy truck project. This time we have brake pads. I picked up a set of hydraulic brakes from AMS for the front and rear of the truck and decided that I wanted to make some trick carbon fiber brake discs. Well, the brake material used on the stock brakes isn’t good for grabbing onto carbon fiber discs so I had to design some new aluminum pads. With the drawings sent to Ed at STL Customs, it was time to make things happen. We cut two pads at a time out of a big chunk of aluminum and once I had them back at my house I threw them into my tumbler to deburr them. Now I just have to decide if I’m going to anodize them or leave them as is.
- Unboxed: KO Propo EX-RR Pro Radio System
- Unboxing the New "Body Not Included" Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 VXL Chassis
- Unboxing: Kyosho Turbo Scorpion Re-release
- $15 Walmart Hyper Tough Power Driver Review - Good For RC?
- Please enjoy RC Car Action safely!
- Traxxas TRX-4 Trail Truck Unboxing - from RCCA Facebook Live