We first told you about this new electric truggy a few weeks ago, and now Team Durango has released more information on this new vehicle. Here is the latest from Team Durango:
With the upcoming release of our 8th scale electric Truggy platform, the DEX408T, what better time to explore the exciting realms of super-seized 8th scale Team Durango action. Who will enjoy racing the truck? what are they key features of this awesome fully grown race machine, and how can you be the first to own the DEX408T?
The unique thing about the new DEX408T is that it is far from an optimistic afterthought. It is a giant leap further forwards than a conversion kit for a previously nitro powered Truggy to become electrically juiced. The DEX408T is a specialist design. Engineered from the ground up as a world-class 8th scale electric Truggy that needs nothing nitro related to build and race. Sharing a large percentage of structural DNA with its buggy sibling, the DEX408, this Truggy is destined for the winners circle.
We recently received a very exciting package here at TDHQ. The first ever DEX408T arrived for us to build. Straight from our manufacturing department, straight to our hands…and now straight to your eyes.
Ryan Lutz is a Team Durango racer who is no stranger to large-scale vehicles. He is already a multiple champion of 8th scale buggy and truck classes in the nitro powered class. We have no doubt that Ryan will be really looking forward to taking advantage of quickly growing 8th scale electric Truggy scene. He frequently wins high profile race meetings in the USA, and is well known for his amazing track skills racing the larger scale RC vehicles.
Ryan Lutz will surely find 8th scale electric Truggy racing just as fast and exciting as he does the other classes that he races for Team Durango
The DEX408T is sure to be a hit with racers who are looking for all the thrills and spills of Truggy racing, with our famous Team Durango build quality and tune-ability straight from the kit box. Equipped with a collection of features that will allow for maximum performance from a large scale brushless power source, the DEX408T is built for refined racing action in the toughest environments.
Check out just a hand full of the high specification features that we have included on the DEX408T kit:
- Specially designed 6061-T6 aluminum hard coated chassis plate with dual stick pack battery layout
- New composite cross shafts and inserts giving an enormous weight saving to rotational mass
- 95% of kit parts are directly transferable from the DEX408
- Composite heavy duty spur gear for reduced wear rate and vastly improved acceleration over steel spur gears
- DPC Front caster blocks for an increase in neutral handling qualities.
- New high down force super flexible wing.
- Composite molded spur gear cover and ESC/PT mount
- Heavy-duty machined alloy suspension hangers
- Front and rear machined aluminum bulkheads
- 15mm Big Bore shocks.
- Molded rubber drive boots and splash-guards
- Low COG aluminum motor mount.
- Fully ball-raced hub and steering assembly
- Multiple shock position tuning holes on front and rear towers
- Aluminum shock caps all round
- Aluminum wheel hex nuts all round
Team Durango world famous styling with durability to withstand the very highest level of 8th scale competition
If you are a discerning Team Durango fan, 8th scale Truggy nut and general off-road competition fanatic, the DEX408T has everything for you. Transforming nitro vehicles to electric powered race cars is definitely a thing of the past. Team Durango are very proud to bring you the answer to all your 8th scale racing dreams. The DEX408T is a very serious Truggy.
If you want to be the first to get DEX408T information as it breaks please send us an email that includes your name and place of origin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the official un-boxing video of the DEX408T below: