This is the 7th generation TB EVO chassis. The new look TB EVO. 7 takes this chassis series, which is the pinnacle of Tamiya shaft-driven 4WD, in a brand-new direction: multiple selectable motor positions, the removal of an upper top deck with a stiffener used on the chassis deck in its place.
- 1/10 scale shaft-driven 4WD chassis assembly kit. Length: 371mm, Width: 185mm, Wheelbase: 258mm.
- The chassis is based around a 2mm thick aluminum lower deck and 6mm thick center stiffener, which give a blend of rigid pitch damping and flexible roll. The number of screws used to attach the stiffener can be changed to alter chassis rigidity.
- The lack of an upper deck lowers the chassis’ center of gravity.
- A largely overhauled layout includes updated motor positions and bulkhead design.
- The motor is longitudinally mounted. Users can choose from 3 layouts (front; mid; rear) to adjust performance depending upon track conditions and driving style.
- Equipped with TRF super short big bore dampers.
- Motor clearance can be adjusted simply from above, for quick in-pit tweaks.
- Steering linkage components are installed directly onto the bulkhead as opposed to being attached to the chassis. This removes any effect upon chassis roll.
- Highly-efficient shaft-driven 4WD is achieved with a front direct coupling and WO universal shafts, plus a rear gear (oil-filled) differential unit and aluminum drive shafts.
- Equipped with TRF418 suspension arms and TRF419 rear uprights.