Have you ever wanted to go bigger on tire size? Do you constantly blow up your shortcourse tires because of too much power? Do you want less tire growth for putting down speed runs with your SCTE? Well today you can do all those things by stepping out of the shortcourse tire arena and entering the 1/8th scale tire realm with MIP’s 17mm SCTE adapter kit! Made out of high quality 7075-T6 Aluminum this kit will allow 17mm wheels to be used on your SCTE 1.0, 2.0, & 3.0 and any other variation of the SCTE platform that uses the same axle and hub setup. These adapters have been run flawlessly on MIP’s Pro8 Kit for a few years now, so you can rest assured they’ve been tested under 4s conditions! Get what your overpowered SCTE needs, 17mm adapters! Support American manufacturing; support MIP, Go 100% USA!
LOSI / TLR SCTE owners that want to use 17mm 1/8th scale wheels.
- 1/8 tires offer less tire growth over SC
- 1/8 wheels have less side wall to fold over
- More 1/8 tires and wheel options compared to SC
100% Quality made in the USA!
MIP Confetti Sticker (2), 4-40×3/32 Cup point SHSS (4), MIP Front 17mm Hub 1/8th Super Lite (4), MIP Front M4 Serrated 17mm Flanged Nut (4),
- 1 x .050 inch Allen Key – (Suggest #9000 MIP Hex Driver Wrench .050 inch)
- 17 mm Nut Driver
- SCTE Platform Vehicle
- TLR/ Losi SCTE 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and all Variations of the SCTE Platform (SCTE axle and hub are shared between many vehicles in Horizon product line)
- All Losi/TLR SCTE 4×4 Trucks
Disclaimer: Some 17mm wheel hex dimensions vary between manufactures. In the case of a wheel not easily installed on MIP’s 17mm adapters a slight modification to the wheel hex may be needed. The modification that is needed is a small chamfer around the leading edge of the plastic hex. At a 45 degree angle use a sharp xacto/hobby knife, to chamfer that edge on all sides of the hex. The wheel should now slip on much easier.