With its list of upgrades, Don Almeido’s RS4—based on the Sport 3 Flux Falken Porsche kit—is ready to take a bite out of stock touring cars. First up were HPI’s carbon fiber front and rear shock towers and center drive shaft cover. The shaft itself was replaced with an Exotek Racing aluminum unit, along with their ultra-lightweight diff gears. Don replaced all the stock plastic suspension bits with the aluminum conversion kit from Yeah Racing. To increase top end he also added HPI’s High Speed gearset. The body replicates the GT3 RSR run at Petit Le Mans, right down to the gold tooth grille. Tamiya LED head- and taillight buckets, and the lenses were sprayed yellow to replicate the GT3-class specific light color.
For more photos and a complete list of parts used on this Reader’s Ride, join RC Car Action Premium.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members
For tips on photographing your car, watch the video at the bottom of the page:
Click to enlarge