Here’s one you don’t see every day: HPI’s wheelie-popping monster truck turned into a rock-crawling tube frame buggy. Steve Glasbergen from Tsawwassen, British Columbia sent it in.The tube chassis itself is from Integy, while power comes courtesy of a 55-turn motor and HobbyWing speed control with drag brake hidden under the vented hood panel. All the body panels and the skid plates are hand-built. Steve chose a Level 3 RC low-CG motor mount and Axial 2.2 Rock Lizard tires. The wheelbase has been stretched from the stock 9.4 to 13 inches, giving it excellent climbing performance.
For more photos of this Reader’s Ride, join RC Car Action Premium.
RC Car Action Premium offers members exclusive content and the first look at the latest projects, shoot-outs, how-to’s and more!
Membership includes exclusive access to…
• 8+ years of digital editions of RC Car Action.
• Digital editions of special issues, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get RC Car Action on your mobile or tablet device
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of RC Car Action archives
• Exclusive photos and videos
• Unique posts and columns just for Premium members
For tips on photographing your car, watch the video at the bottom of the page:
Click to enlarge