RTR SPRINT 2 DRIFT – UPDATED WITH EVEN MORE FEATURES!
The RTR Sprint 2 Drift is now better than ever! We’ve taken the proven Sprint 2 platform and added a 2.4GHz radio system, pre-painted bodies, waterproof electronics, LIPO-capable electronic speed control, 7.2V battery pack with AC wall charger, AA batteries for the transmitter, and orange anodized chassis parts. And it’s all pre-built to precise factory specs to get you drifting quickly.
2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
Controlling the RTR Sprint 2 Drift is easy with the HPI TF-40 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. The TF-40 pistol grip transmitter features adjustments for steering trim, throttle trim, steering dual rate, end points, servo reversing switches, low battery indicator, and a 3rd channel for optional accessories. The 3 channel receiver is equipped with a failsafe system for maximum safety.
The RTR Sprint 2 Drift now has a waterproof receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new SF-10W waterproof steering servo and a waterproof SC-15WP speed control mean your RTR Sprint 2 Drift won’t be stopped by wet conditions.
To help get your new RTR Sprint 2 Drift running as quickly as possible, a rechargeable 7.2V Plazma 2000mAh battery pack and AC wall charger are now included, along with Plazma AA’s for your transmitter. Just charge the battery and you’re ready to start driving!
The RTR Sprint 2 Drift features two pre-painted body choices, a matte black 2010 Chevrolet® Camaro® with shiny chrome and gold decals, and a Nissan 350Z with white paint and orange/blue drift graphics. The body comes completely trimmed, decaled and mounted for the ultimate in ease. The intricate paint designs feature an action sports inspired layout for concours quality appearance. And you can always customize your car with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and other manufacturers as well! For great looks, the RTR Sprint 2 Drift is topped off with a set of officially licensed bronze Rays/Volk TE37 wheels with pre-mounted Falken Azenis RT615 drift tires.
PERFORMANCE DRIVEN DESIGN
The RTR Sprint 2 Drift chassis is 4WD for consistent drift action on a wide variety of surfaces, easy to drive, and has all of the features you need to adjust for a perfect drift set-up: camber, toe-in, ride height, Ackerman, and a wide variety of available shock oils and shock springs! With a big foam front bumper, reinforced molded nylon chassis, upper deck and shock towers, you’ll see that the RTR Sprint 2 Drift can easily take the abuse of drift driving. The full ball bearing, dual belt, 4 wheel drive transmission is very efficient and capable of handling high power modified electric motors down to 10 turns.
The RTR Sprint 2 Drift takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it’s quiet, clean, powerful, and truly plug-and-play… no starter or fuel needed! Power comes from a Firebolt 15T motor, controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over throttle, brakes, and reverse. 6 and 7 cell NiMh battery packs fit easily in the RTR Sprint 2 Drift, as well as 2S Li-Po packs.
FULL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your car for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware. And the included HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
THE COMPLETE PACKAGE
From the authentic drift looks to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the RTR Sprint 2 Drift is the complete package. 2.4GHz radio, full ball bearings, waterproof electronics, silicone oil-filled shocks – it’s all there on the RTR Sprint 2 Drift, precision built from the factory. Top it off with your choice of a 2010 Camaro or Nissan 350Z body and your RTR Sprint 2 Drift is ready to drift!
RTR SPRINT 2 DRIFT FEATURES:
- TF-40 radio system with pistol grip transmitter and 2.4GHz operation for trouble free reception
- SC-15WP waterproof and reversible ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- Nimble 4WD handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Many existing Sprint 2 option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions to maximize suspension performance
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance and maximum reliability
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- Ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Silicone oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers with specially chosen springs for drifting
- 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale touring car wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- 2 degree and 3 degree rear hubs for additional tuning choices
- Pre-painted body with drift decals pre-applied
- Officially licensed Rays/Volk TE37 bronze wheels. 6mm offset rear wheels fill out the fenders and give the wheels the wide look seen on full-size drift cars
- Drift compound Falken Azenis RT615 tires for controllable drifting with realistic looks and aggressive tread pattern
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
Length 17″ (431mm)
Height 5″ (127mm)
Width 7.5″ to 8.0″(190mm to 200mm)(adjustable using offset wheels)
Wheelbase 10″ (254mm)
UPDATES AT A GLANCE
- 2.4GHz radio system for glitch-free operation without the need for crystals
- Waterproof and reversible SC-15WP electronic speed control
- Waterproof SF-10W steering servo
- Waterproof receiver box
- Orange anodized aluminum chassis parts
- AA batteries for the transmitter
- 7.2V 2000mAh battery pack
- AC wall charger
- Li-Po capable ESC
- Pre-painted body with decals applied
- Bronze Rays/Volk TE37 wheels
- Falken Azenis RT615 drift tires
#106149 RTR SPRINT 2 DRIFT WITH 2010 CAMARO BODY MSRP $429.00
#106154 RTR SPRINT 2 DRIFT WITH NISSAN 350Z BODY MSRP $429.00