From HB Racing:
The E817T 1/8 scale electric truggy from HB Racing brings World Champion Race DNA to the expanding electric truggy class. Our team drivers checked off race proven features from the E817, D817T and D817 to create a durable electric truggy with speed, durability, and ease of maintenance. It’s optimized for electric power and has all of the newest features and updates. Most of the tuning parts are compatible with existing HB Racing buggies and truggies, so spare parts and option parts are readily available.
The E817T is built around a tough 7075 aircraft aluminum chassis that’s black anodized. The symmetrical design gives better balance for consistent jumping and cornering. And it’s strategically machined to decrease weight and balance the flex characteristics. Dual clamp aluminum motor mounts hold the motor in place on the 7075 alloy chassis. The E817T has a secure battery mounting system that is mounted directly on the chassis for the lowest CG possible.
Like its D817T teammate, the E817T is built for toughness with a race-proven 4WD system that uses high strength steel center drive shafts, tough sintered diff gears, precision machined steel input gears and spur gear, machined aluminum wheel hubs, and high efficiency CVA drive shafts that are fully rebuildable.
To soak up the bumps, HB Racing big bore threaded coilover shock absorbers are standard equipment, along with front and rear carbon graphite shock towers, adjustable turnbuckles, front and rear sway bars, hinge pin inserts for easy toe and anti-squat settings, machined aluminum caster blocks, aluminum steering blocks, and aluminum rear uprights with improved geometry. Updated truggy suspension arms feature a harder material for more consistent handling.
The steering system on the E817T is built for durability and easy adjustment. It features an aluminum servo saver arm and clamping servo saver adjustment nut, steel turnbuckles, aluminum drag link, highly adjustable Ackerman geometry using steering knuckle plates, and CNC machined aluminum steering blocks that are fitted with carbon fiber steering arms, which can be swapped for a range of option arms to adjust the Ackerman for pinpoint steering.
With attention to the latest aero trends in truggy racing, the E817T is topped off with a clear Pro-Line Enforcer truggy body, Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan wing, and our popular one-piece High Wing Mount.
The new E817T is set to take on the competition in the exciting electric truggy class, with race winning performance and proven durability from the team at HB Racing.
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Dual Clamp Aluminum Motor Mounts
- Low CG Battery Mounting System
- Fine Adjustment Aluminum D-Mount
- Revised Rear Upright Geometry
- CVA drive shafts included
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/10 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- Harder suspension arm material
- Covered receiver box
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Carbon graphite front and rear shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Enforcer clear Truggy body
Notes from the E817T designer, Torrance Deguzman:
- The drivetrain features D817/E817 spec gearboxes and diff input gears.
E817T spec split center bulkhead for easy access to center diff.
- Fully adjustable battery holder with lowest possible CG.
- Harder materials are used on the suspension arms so that additional stiffeners are no longer needed.
- High efficiency CVA drive shafts, fully rebuildable, and include rubber boots for protection from dirt.
Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more. Supplied in kit form only, assembly required. Requires radio system, motor, ESC, servo, battery pack, charger, paint, CA glue, wheels and tires.