It was only a few years ago that Serpent entered the world of off-road racing after years of dominating the nitro on-road segment, first with an 1/8-scale buggy, then a 2WD buggy, and now a full-fendered short course truck aimed squarely at the most popular class in America. With a competitive pedigree and an intelligent engineer behind the scenes, this could be the most popular dose of venom yet!
Serpent designer Billy Easton, former 1/10 scale 2wd World Champion, and the designer of the successful Cobra 1/8 series of cars and the recent Spyder 2wd buggy in RM and MM, has created this next masterpiece, the rear motor SCT version of the very popular Spyder series.
Key features of the SPYDER 2wd SC truck:
High performance race geometry
- Very long wishbones
- Unique steering block design
- Big bore 12mm RCM type shocks with dual system
- Highly Efficient Steering ackermann
- Wide side guards with polycarbonate inserts
- Rear motor design
- Adjustable rear differential height
- 3 pad slipper clutch / ball differential
- Narrow composite chassis design
- Light SC body with flares
For more specs, details, and photos of Serpent’s new SRX2-SC, visit the Hot News and New Stuff section of the RC Car Action forum!