At a full four feet long, Pro Boat’s new Rockstar 48 gas boat is a serious marine machine. The big boat boils water with a 26cc engine that Pro Boat says is good for over 40mph, and the Remote Operated Starting System (ROSS) lets you fire the engine up and power down right from the transmitter–that’s an especially nice feature in a boat. Spektrum radio gear (including a 270 oz.-in. servo), gold-anodized hardware, and centrifugal clutch are standard. The clutch allows the prop to remain still while the engine is at idle. Safety first! All the Rockstar logos and graphics are officially licensed, and looking good. Definitely lust-worthy–play the video! Look for the Rockstar 48 to hit dealers in early June for about $1200.
Official Pro Boat info after the pics.
Looks good. Pro Boat made the hull a little wider than scale for added stability.
Click the image to play the video. This boat rips!
There’s gold in them thar hills. Also on this transom.
You’re looking at 26cc of gas-burning 2-stroke power–enough for over 40mph, says Pro Boat.
Here’s the ROSS gearbox. The motor cranks the engine for you via radio control–no pull-starting required.
- Powerful water-cooled Dynamite® 26cc gas engine capable of propelling the catamaran to speeds of over 40 MPH
- The R.O.S.S.™ starter system gets the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran up and running in seconds with the push of a button
- To better power its behemoth size the Rockstar Catamaran comes equipped with a large-scale servo with over 270 oz.-in of torque
- Removable composite radio tray allows for easy maintenance and access to receiver and radio components
- A durable inline rudder ensures the Rockstar 48 inch catamaran will turn with precision in both directions
- Unlike most catamaran boats of this size the Rockstar 48 has a wide hull for better stability in turns and rough water
- A centrifugal clutch helps prevent the prop from spinning while the engine is at idle. This added safety measure keeps your fingers and hands safe while being handled.
- The Rockstar 48 inch catamaran comes equipped with the superior DX2E transmitter with R.O.S.S. starter button