Spotted: Pro-Line’s Pro-2 Performance Chassis Conversion For The Traxxas Slash

Aug 20, 2012 13 Comments by

At my last local club race I spotted this Traxxas 2WD Slash using Pro-Line’s new chassis conversion kit. The kit hasn’t been officially released yet, but Pro-Line has been running a prototype version of this new LCG Chassis at a few races now including the recent 2012 ROAR Electric Off-Road Supernationals. This Slash was also using Pro-Line’s Performance Transmission, ProTrac suspension kit, Power Stroke shocks and was only a front body mount away from hitting the track for the 1st time.  Once it did it looked fast and was definitely more planted on the track that a stock 2WD Traxxas Slash.

Gallery > Spotted: Pro-Line's Pro-2 Performance Chassis Conversion For The Traxxas Slash

Tags:

If you like this article, check out this additional article on Pro-Line.

Featured News, Product News

Bringing you RC product news you can use on a daily basis as Car Action's Online News Editor. I have over 15 years of RC experience, plus a background in print and broadcast journalism, engineering, information technology, direct marketing, and even banking. Currently I enjoy racing 1/10 electric off-road, and have been bitten by the short course bug.

13 Responses to “Spotted: Pro-Line’s Pro-2 Performance Chassis Conversion For The Traxxas Slash”

1. Joshua says:

What’s the point of all this junk….. Why don’t they just go ahead and make their own truck! You can throw $ into a pinto and at the end of the day it’s still a pinto….

• Fender 18 says:

Guaranteed a great driver running a bone stock Slash could keep up with any average racer driving a top of the line truck. The Slash isn’t a ford ranger going up against a stadium super truck. The slash can keep up and I have vids to prove it. So go back into your hole you troll.

2. Trevor "Chilly" Duncan says:

The Slash wasn’t designed to be a racer, instead it was designed to look scale and survive a beating from folks just getting into RC. So I “think” the idea here is that since so many Slashes are already out on the market, if a Slash owner wants to get more serious they can opt to buy these performance parts and become more competitive.

3. mike says:

Why do people have to be such terds about a new product coming out

4. dannydietze says:

It looks like a great racer but what parts are still traxxas?

5. Joshua says:

My who point was STOP copying other companies Proline, TLR is doing fine without your flattery…. My point was just stated as above ^ “It looks like a great racer but what parts are still traxxas?”

6. Henry says:

+1 Joshua

$$ spent on parts could buy a RTR race truck!

7. Trevor "Chilly" Duncan says:

@ dannydietze Here are the remaining Traxxas Parts on this particular truck:

Front Bulk Head
    Caster Blocks
    Steering Block
    Front Axles
    Hexs F/R
    Rod Ends
    Rear axles and driveshafts

This truck was also using PL’s discontinued front Slash bumper.

8. brett Trochinski says:

any rumor on when it will be released?
    any idea how much it will cost?

9. brett Trochinski says:

i want one.

10. Super Bo C says:

I need this chassis for my Rustler. I’ve busted every stock replacement chassis I have bought and my new Integy chassis is mostly fiberglass and is already taking damage. So my question is the same as Brett T’s. When will the pro 2 chassis be available and at what cost?

11. Bones says:

Being a slash owner I am tempted to buy this, but I would be much more cost effective to sell the ole’ workhorse and buy a 2wd buggy…er I mean race ready SCT. I race my slash and enjoy it but if you bought all the PL parts you would spend a ton more than buying an SC10 or blitz…(the 22 SCT is expensive as well).

And I tend to agree, I think it would have been wise on PL’s part to just use all their 2wd SCT parts and release the very first Pro-Line vehicle, which would have made huge news. Although maybe they have a deal with traxxas or don’t want to get into marketing, packaging, and selling a complete vehicle.