This new crawler combo features a Terra Claw 35T motor and ultra small Eiger ESC. The Eiger ESC is packed with great features like built-in on-board programming which require no external devices to adjust settings, a full coverage heat sink, and the combo is pre-wired from the factory. Check out the official press release below for all the features:
Novak Electronics introduces the Eiger/Terra Claw Motor Combo- 35T (#3231). This new combo sets a standard in brushed motor and speed control combos with more affordability and versatility than any other ESC on the market. The ultra small Eiger ESC, and super affordable Terra Claw 35T motor have been combined to give crawlers and bashers alike a low-cost, feature-filled system that is suited for just about anything!
The Eiger ESC has been a proven platform for Novak and has adjustable tuning options and multiple profiles for both crawling and non-crawling applications. The Eiger’s Crawling Mode has forward/instant reverse, with high power hold/drag brake, which is available in 3 power levels. Its Basher Mode has standard forward/brake/reverse operation that is suited for non-crawling applications and rock racing. For the robotics fans, or folks building tank track-type vehicles, there’s also a Servo Mode that simply offers proportional forward and reverse. And, if the driving profile needs to be tweaked, the Eiger has multiple, on-board adjustments for the perfect feel and operation─ no PC to lug around or complicated programming to deal with.
Great Performance at the Perfect Price!
The Eiger ESC and Terra Claw 35T Motor offer the perfect balance of price and performance. The Eiger is a ready to use ESC, while the Terra Claw motors have been chosen for their long life span and runtime.
- Fully Featured ESC – Customizable ESC with completely built-in on-board programming. No external devices, programmers or computers needed. Set it and go, or make a few easy changes.
- Full Coverage Heat Sink – For when the going gets tough, or on a hot summer day, the ESC is equipped with a full coverage heat sink to keep you running.
- Long Lasting Motor – Chosen specifically for their long life, and extended runtimes, the Terra Claw 35T motors are the perfect motor for medium-duty scale projects, or daily drivers on a budget.
- Affordable and Pre-Wired – Completely pre-wired combo, motor and ESC are available for right around $100!
Novak Built and Supported
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Irvine, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak Eiger Brushed ESC is built and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff, race team and rock crawlers.
EIGER BRUSH ESC SPECIFICATIONS
Input Cells: 2-3S LiPo / 4-9-cell NiMH – Requires External BEC for 3S applications – Novak #5463
- Crawling Mode: Forward/Drag Brakes/Reverse
- Basher Mode: Forward/Brake/Reverse
- Servo Mode: Forward/Reverse (proportional)
Size: 1.15” x 0.95” x 0.66” (29 x 24.3 x 16.8mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 0.64 oz. (18.1 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0013 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Limit: 2S- 20T brush or higher; 3S-35T brush or higher
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G silicone wire with factory-installed Tamiya-style battery and 3.5mm gold-plated Bullet motor plugs
Status LEDs: 4, multi-colored, on-board
- Compact and lightweight ESC designed for crawling, bashing, and robotic 2S and 3S (7.2-11.1 volts) applications, with 35-turn brushed motor for fast and fun operation
- Three driving modes: Crawling, Basher, and Servo/Robotic
- 4 adjustable on-board parameters: Brake Power/Throttle Mode (5 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Drive Frequency (5 settings), and Voltage Cut-Off
- Plug-and-Play—The Eiger is factory-wired with Tamiya® battery plug & gold-plated Bullet motor plugs; the Terra Claw motor is ready to install and has factory installed bullet motor plugs
- Water-resistant case with silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-In Voltage Cut-Off Circuitry prevents damage to LiPo batteries
- Built-In 6V output for optional accessory fan or other detail items such as running lights
- Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick, easy transmitter setup
- Heavy-duty 2A BEC for high-torque single servo applications. Don’t let the specs fool you—all ESC’s BECs are not created equal. The Eiger’s 2A BEC will go toe-to-toe with many other higher rated units
- Built-in diagnostic temperature monitoring lets you quickly check ESC’s operating temperature at any time
- Thermal Overload Protection circuitry protects the ESC from overheating
- Factory-installed power capacitor and heavy duty wiring.
- User-replaceable ESC input harness
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-day warranty
- The Eiger is designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All speed controls and motors are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the rocks!
For features and specifications for Novak’s Terra Claw 35T brushed motor, please visit the Novak website: www.teamnovak.com.
#3231 Eiger/Terra Claw Motor Combo- 35T