This nitro car is packed with great features like a long wheelbase chassis, 150cc fuel tank for increased runtimes, powerful 4.6cc big block engine, and threaded, oil filled shocks. Check out all the features in the press release below:
The new GT2 is the latest in a popular series of big 1:8 scale nitro-powered cars based on the 7-time IFMAR World Champion Inferno line from Kyosho. The Inferno series has been at the center of the RC racing universe for over 20 years and is the standard by which all other cars are judged. Much of the same technology that earned an unprecedented seven World Championships is incorporated into the design of this new on-road Inferno. The GT2 builds on the popular features of the original GT and adds a number of new features that increase value, durability, user friendliness and speed, not to mention enhancing its unmatched scale appearance.
- Long Wheelbase Chassis – One of the key elements of the new GT2 is the long wheelbase chassis. It’s stretched for performance as well as appearance. The longer wheelbase adds stability at high speed, and still turns aggressively when needed. The extra length also makes the proportions more scale than the original GT, which is evident the stunning looks of the Red Bull Audi A4 and the Pratt & Miller C6R Corvette.
- 150cc Fuel Tank – Longer run times are always a plus, and the GT2 includes a big 150cc fuel tank for run time of up to 15 minutes. The tank features a quick-fill spring loaded top, so you can refuel while the engine is running so you can race around until the sun goes down.
- Powerful 4.6cc Big Block Engine – Powering the IGT2 is a big 4.6cc (.28 c.i.) pull start engine (GXR28SG). This new engine features modifications to increase performance and value. In addition to the standard features offered in the original GXR28 engine, the
- Equiped With Engine Mounts – Previous versions of the Inferno GT had the engine mounted directly to the chassis, but the new GT2 features conventional engine mounts. This allows for a great range of adjustment and easier, less costly installation of high-performance aftermarket engines.
- New, 34mm Flywheel – The 34 mm flywheel is 10mm smaller, which allows the engine to be mounted lower on the chassis for lower center of gravity, and it reduces rotating mass for much stronger acceleration. Ball bearings in the clutch bell replace the needle bearings previously featured in the original GT. Ball bearings last longer and are easier to replace.
- Double A-arm Suspension – The suspension features double A-arms, which is the same type of suspension used on the world’s most sophisticated performance machines. It’s adjustable and durable, so you can tune the suspension for better performance and have the confidence that it’s going to hold up even under extreme conditions. The IGT2 also has the new feature of turnbuckle linkages on the upper suspension arms and the steering linkage rods. That means you can adjust toe angle and camber on the front and rear without removing a single part.
- Threaded Oil Shocks – Stronger standard springs and heavier damping keep the GT2 rolling flat and fast through the corners. All the aluminum parts are anodized to match the rest of the parts on the chassis.
- Real Time 4WD – The differentials and drive gears (except the two-speed transmission) are contained with the bulkheads, which protects the drivetrain from debris. It’s a more advanced and durable drive system than belt drive, which requires less maintenance and produces superior performance.
- Double Disk Brakes – Two vented steel disc brake rotors provide the extra stopping power needed for such a high-performance machine. The vented rotors keep the brakes running cooler and the metal-backed fiber brake pads provide smooth stopping power.
- Ready Set Form – The IGT2 is almost completely factory assembled. Trained technicians build the car from the ground up, so it’s virtually ready to go right out of the box – even the body is painted, expertly detailed and the decals are installed exactly as you see it on box. Simply add fuel and some alkaline batteries needed to power the transmitter, receiver and glow igniter and you’re ready for action.
- 2 Speed Transmission with High Speed Gears – Speed has always been synonymous with the Inferno GT, but the automatic two-speed transmission and the new gears in the GT2 take speed to a whole new level. The transmission features a 21/40T second gear combination, which gives the GT2 a 6.3:1 final drive ratio in second gear, up from 7.49:1 in the original GT. That translates to an increase in top speed and less wear and tear on the engine because it doesn’t have to rev so fast to achieve a class-leading top-speed. The GT2 is easily capable of 55 mph as the car is equipped out of the box, and speeds upwards of 70 mph or more with slight modifications.
What is a Ready Set
A Readyset is a fully assembled model that includes nearly everything you need to run. Body Color scheme is complete so only consumables like batteries and fuel are required so you can start operating the model without delay.
Ready Set Contents
- Fully assembled chassis complete with linkages and pre-installed 2-channel 2-servo R/C system
- Complete body, finished with painting and affixed with decals
- PERFEX KT6 transmitter
- Plug heater
- Fuel bottle
Required For Operation
- 12 AA-size batteries for R/C system
- 2 D-size batteries for glow igniter
- R/C Fuel 20%
31828B – $693.00