This 2WD buggy is packed with new features like a 8mm longer alloy chassis, the transmission and differential both use larger bearings, UJ driveshafts for more traction, and a newly designed alloy motor plate. Read the official press release below for more info:
The NEW Schumacher Cougar SV2, Competition 2WD Electric Off-Road Buggy. Moving forward from the successful Cougar SV, winner of the British Off Road Nationals, Schumacher have raised the bar yet again. The NEW SV2 is lower, sleeker and above all faster! It now includes a hard anodised, laser etched, alloy chassis, a new heavy duty differential, transmission bearings and driveshafts. Using the mid-motor position, ultra compact design, perfect centre line balance and revolutionary constant radius steering system the Cougar SV2 is sure to be a winner. The Cougar SV2, take it up a level!
- NEW Hard anodised, laser etched, alloy chassis + 8mm longer. – Lower C of G, easier to drive.
- NEW Heavy duty, big bearing differential – Small diameter, lightweight unit offering low rotating mass.
- NEW 26 Piece Red seal ball bearings – For longer bearing life.
- NEW Larger transmission bearings – Strong and reliable.
- NEW Interchangeable, CNC internal and external gears, with optional ratios – Optimise your gear ratios for all track conditions.
- NEW Strengthened rear wheel – Stronger, but still with industry standard wheel fitment.
- NEW Super strong steering levers, unique constant radius steering system – Offers true ackermann and linear steering response.
- NEW UJ Driveshafts – Longer bone and shorter axle for more traction – With the ability to dissasemble.
- NEW Easy to assmble, rigid wing mount system – Stronger, with less wing flex.
- NEW Moulded gear cover – Better spur gear protection.
- NEW “Super cool” Alloy motor plate – Larger surface area offers better cooling and rigidity.
- NEW Sleek aerodynamic body and undertray design – New look and great functionality with minimum dirt pick up.
- NEW Rear wishbones – Offers more lower position shock mounting options.
- NEW Rear anti-roll bar – Better handling.
- NEW High Tensile Steel Turnbuckles.
- Optional length chassis available using same body.
- Accepts either saddle or shorty lipo batteries as standard. Stick pack with optional lipo tray U4047 – Superb versatility.
- Mid-motor position – Delivers awesome balance on the track and when jumping.
- Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined pistons with recessed ‘e’clips, threaded collars, twin O ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation.
- PTFE coated shock bodies – Hard, and super smooth shock action.
- Quick release topdeck system – For optimised rigidity, yet fast, easy battery removal.
- Multi position rear shock layout, behind as std or infront of the drive axle with optional parts. – Offers improved suspension tuning for both smooth and heavily rutted track types.
- Industry standard wheel fitment, with medium width front wheels as standard.
- Ultra compact transmission design – Minimal weight, with maximum strength.
- All CNC machined internal geared transmission – Super quiet and efficient.
- Reverse motor direction – For increased traction under acceleration.
- Perfect centre line balance – Great control for all track surfaces.
- Adjustable height differential, with zero geometry change – Allows for optimised driveshaft plunge angle.
- Multi adjustable bushed pivot control system – Super smooth, multi position suspension action.
- Fully optimised suspension geometry – Fast, consistent handling.
- Maximum dimension rear wing – Superb airflow control, offering maximum down force.
- Purple 7075 T6 alloy motor plate, lower diff mounts, rear suspension pivot straps and front axles. – Strong yet lightweight.
K123 – Cougar SV2-Pro – 2WD Kit
K124 – Cougar SV2 – Pro – Assembled
Available in 3-4 weeks.