We 1st told you about this new X-Drive technology back in November, and now Novak has expanded this new firmware to their popular GTB2 line of products. Check out the official press release below for more info:
Novak X-Drive™ has arrived in a major way, and is taking the racing world by storm! This new technology has now been added to the tried-and-true GTB 2 platform, and is here to stay. Novak is pleased to introduce two new racing speed controls—the GTB 2 Racing Brushless ESC w/X-Drive (#1749) and the GTB 2 Racing Brushless ESC w/X-Drive- Low Profile (#1748).
What is X-Drive?
Novak-developed X-Drive™ is the newest motor-firing technology. This revolutionary firmware and hardware delivers unmatched performance and provides:
- Unparalleled throttle response
- Smooth and controlled braking
- Cooler operating temperatures
- Faster lap times
- More power for nearly all applications
Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. This update not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium!
The Ideal Spec ESC
Novak’s original GTB, and its successor the GTB 2, have been staples at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 2 platform offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 2 excels in the non-ramping /non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks. The GTB 2 is Spec Legal!
Loaded with Features
The GTB 2 w/X-Drive has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 9 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. The GTB 2 w/X-Drive also features NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. In addition to thermal protection, the GTB 2 w/X-Drive has on-board temperature monitoring circuitry. Racers can check their ESC’s temperature during or after each run.
The Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless ESC w/X-Drive (#1749 and #1748 Low-Profile Version) is scheduled to ship end January 2012.
GTB 2 w/X-DRIVE SPECIFICATIONS
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
Footprint: 1.16” x 1.47” (29.5 x 37.3 mm)
Height: #1748: 0.70” (17.8mm); #1749: 0.97” (24.6mm)
Weight (w/o wires): #1748: 1.15 oz. (32.6 g); #1749: 1.29 oz (36.6 g)
On-Resistance: 0.0004 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility (#1748 model):
540-Size: 8.5-turn or higher sensored
550-Size: 6.5-turn or higher sensored
Motor Compatibility (#1749 model):
540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored
550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC: 6.0 volts / 3.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored
*For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or a receiver booster such as Novak’s #5477 1S Booster Module must be used
- Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
- Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- Nine adjustable parameters to maximize performance on the track: Minimum Brake (10 settings), Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Brake End-Point (10 settings), and Drive Frequency (10 settings). Interface also features Reverse Disable and Motor Rotation.
- Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
- Novak’s One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
- Robust, 3-amp true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
- Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
- Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
- Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
- On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC’s temperature at any time
- Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor’s sensors are working properly
- Cross-cut ESC heat sink (#1749 model) for reduced weight and efficient cooling
- Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
- User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
- Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
- Designed and manufactured by Novak Electronics in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track