Method RC has released their new body for the Team Losi Racing 22 off-road buggy. This body features a low-profile air scoop on the roof to help cool your electronics, an integrated overspray film, and includes 2 wings. Check out all the details in the press release below:
Method RC is on a mission to prove that high performance can go hand-in-hand with stunning good looks. Method recently released a jet fighter inspired body for the Team Losi Racing (TLR) 22 10th scale two wheel drive buggy. The body supports both the mid and rear motor configurations. The compact proportions of the Mirage reduce overall vehicle weight and lower the center or gravity (CG), improving acceleration, braking, and turning performance. The blade-like styling complements the narrow, angular chassis, while also enhancing aerodynamic performance.
The body was thoroughly analyzed with state-of-the-art Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools to provide maximum aerodynamic performance. Subsequent track testing was completed to verify the simulation results, demonstrating excellent all-around performance.
Mirage achieves great turning capability through smart design. Air that normally travels around the cockpit is packed onto the front windscreen by integrated cant rail air dams. This effect helps to increase overall downforce and moves the center of pressure forward to assist steering feel without giving up forward bite. These dams work like vortex generators when the vehicle slides through a corner (even at low slip angles), helping to energize the airflow around the front cant rails. This helps to maintain downforce and balance through corners, resulting in a more consistent feel. Expect to see this on more buggies in the future.
The nose tucks tightly behind the front shock towers to reduce profile drag of the body and direct air towards the rear wing. Carefully designed scallops at the back of the body help feed air to the wing in the rear motor configuration. The crisp styling of Mirage not only looks great, but also provides you with an edge on the track.
“Method is excited to bring tools and technologies typically reserved for full-scale automotive development to the RC industry,” said Brian Miller, co-founder of Method RC. “We want to give customers outstanding products that look and work great right out of the box.”
- Cant rail air dams maximize pressure on front half of body, improving steering feel and consistency, even at extreme yaw angles
- Low-profile air scoop on roof can be used to provide cooling flow to your electronic speed control
- Compact body minimizes frontal area (reduced drag), lowers weight (better acceleration and braking), and lowers CG (better turning)
- Scribe lines are provided for both mid and rear motor configurations, making body trimming easy
- Made from 0.030″ thick water-clear, high-impact mar resistant polycarbonate (Lexan body)
- Integrated overspray film and included window masks will give your paint job a professional appearance
- Clear overspray film makes it easier to see your paint colors as you apply them
- Included Velcro® strips secure your body to your chassis helping to keep dirt and debris out
- Proudly made in the USA
- Clear Mirage TLR 22 body (1 pc)
- Rear wings (2 pcs)
- Velcro® strips (2 pcs)
- Mirage decal sheet (1 pc)
- Method team decal sheet (1 pc)
- Window mask (1 pc)
Mirage is the first of three bodies that Method is launching alongside a unique car stand. Also available is Method-branded apparel and decals. Expect to see more innovative developments coming out of the Method Laboratory in the near future. Products can be ordered directly from Method RC’s secure website at http://methodrc.com.