Kyosho updates their DBX VE 1/8 buggy with Orion’s latest brushless system, a 2.4ghz radio system, a cab forward body, and much, much more. Check out the press release below for more info:
Feel the adrenalin rush that only the DBX 2.0 can deliver. Similar wheelbase and track width to a 1/8th scale buggy. Equipped with the same wheels and tires as the Inferno Neo Race Spec Buggy. But in a smaller electric buggy size. Making the DBX the ideal option for all levels. The full time 4WD chassis is powered by the dynamic combination of the Orion Vortex brushless motor and New R10 EVO ESC which comes equipped with a cooling fan. With the full variety of tires available on the market for 1/8th buggies this gives you full advantage to set up your buggy to your particular track conditions. The DBX VE 2.0 comes packaged as a fully assembled (Readyset) equipped with a 2.4GHz radio system and a race proven power unit.
- 1/8th Grip – Equipped with a stylish but strong 5-spoke wheel and micro square pattern tires. Both of these items can be found in the bigger 1/8th scale Nitro Inferno Neo Race Spec buggies, giving you a the best that Kyosho has to offer.
- EVO – New Team Orion Vortex 10 EVO brushless motor is pre-installed and fitted to an easy gear mesh motor mount for easy maintenance. The Vortex 10 EVO delivers a jaw dropping power and acceleration.
- R10 – Equipped with the New Team Orion Vortex R10 EVO ESC, that delivers a smoother power band and stronger punch compared to its predecessor. It comes with a pre-installed cooling fan to provide you with maximum performance each and every time.
- Syncro – A preinstalled stylish FHSS 2.4GHz radio system featuring dual rate functions, also features a 4 channel receiver providing you with a wide range of upgrade options.
- New Body – New cab forward (style) body comes pre-painted and ready for you’re choice of decal sets. Each RTR set includes two sets of decals, giving you 100% control over your DBX VE 2.0.
- Gear Ratio – The differential gears have been changed to give you the full benefit of the 1/8th scale tires.
- Big Bore Shocks – Equipped with large capacity oil shocks as standard. Soaks up bumps with ease and lands smoothly from large jumps. Features threaded shock bodies for chassis height adjustments.
- Finished Body – Pre-cut body features sharp 6-color printed color scheme. Cab forward styled body combined with the aerodynamic curved surfaces of the large wing to generate high down-force.
- Multipoint Adjustments – Design features multi-point setting adjustments such as chassis height, camber, track width, front and rear toe-in etc.
- Shaft Drive – The drive shafts run through the center for chassis to give you better lower CG and optimum weight balance.
- Fully Digital Servo – Equipped with a digital servo for great response.
- Wide Stance – Long span suspension arms create the wide track width on the double wishbone 4-wheel independent suspension system for superior running stability.
- Fully Interchangeable – Front / rear and left / right suspension arms, front / rear knuckles and front / rear shock stays are all interchangeable. Newly designed suspension with maintenance-friendly pillowball connect system.
- Compatible with DBX/DST – The DBX VE is 60% compatible parts wise to its nitro version, so parts availability is not an issue.
- New Steering Layout – The DBX VE has a whole new steering layout which gives you greater response and much more steering angle than the DBX GP version .
- Aluminum Motor Mount – Equipped with an aluminum motor mount to secure the 540 Size Orion BL motor.
- Steel Pinion Gear – The DBX VE 2.0 is equipped with a strong steel pinion gear for added security and durability.
Team Orion Experience BL Motor Features:
- 540 Size Motor
- N/A KV
- Accepts 6-7 cell NiMh Battery or 2S/3S Lipo Battery (Deans Plugs Type Only)
- Max RPM (N/A)
- Built in Cooling Fins
Team Orion Experience ESC Features:
- Sensorless Brushless Only*
- Accepts 6-7 cell NiMh 2S-3S Lipo Only
- BEC Voltage 6V
- BEC Amp 2A
- Low Voltage Cut-off Auto Detect 3.0V/cell
- Thermal Protection at 95c
- Forward/ Brake/ Reverse or Forward only
- Continuous Max Current 70A
- Peak Current 150A
- Pre-Assembled Chassis
- Pre-Painted Body
- Team Orion Vortex 10 Motor
- Team Orion Vortex R10 ESC (Sensorless Only)
- Perfex KT-200 2.4GHz Transmitter and R/C System
- L Hex Wrench
- Cross Wrench
What is a Ready Set
A Readyset is a fully assembled model that includes nearly everything you need to run. Body Color scheme is complete so only consumables like batteries and 7.4v Lipo/7.2v NiMh are required so you can start operating the model without delay.
Required For Operation:
- AA- Batteries x4
- 7.2/8.4NiMh Stick Pack (3300mAh or higher) w dean plugs
- 2S- 3S Lipo with deans plugs
- Proper charger for proper type of battery
30845T1B – $512.99
Available: December 2011