Tamiya designers have taken their proven TA05 chassis design to create a new 1/12 chassis that combine’s the TA05′s 2-belt driven 4WD drivetrain with a 210mm wheelbase. Check it out below:
The TA05 chassis has been a perennial favorite of the 4WD R/C touring car scene. Tamiya’s designers have now incorporated its proven components into a new, unique 1/12 scale R/C chassis design. This chassis combines the TA05′s 2-belt driven 4WD drivetrain with a 210mm wheelbase (overall chassis length: 292mm) and has a carbon-fiber double deck layout. It also features an aluminum motor mount which holds the front midship motor and spur gear. The TA05 gearboxes are equipped with gear differential units (37T) and the suspension uses M-chassis components such as suspension arms, universal shafts, and aluminum dampers. Separate suspension mounts are used to enable easy suspension toe-angle adjustments. The steering setup features durable aluminum components for precise control. This chassis is designed for use with Item 55105 Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) and it will be compatible with new 1/12 scale R/C car bodies that are under development (existing M-Chassis bodies are also compatible).
- M-chassis suspension arms and front uprights are used for smooth steering response.
- Separate suspension mounts enable toe-angle adjustment.
- Universal drive shafts are also incorporated.
- TA05 gear differential units allow a range of diff settings.
- Aluminum dampers are mounted to a durable 3mm thick carbon-fiber damper stay.
- TA05 front oneway and direct coupling can also be installed.
- Blue-anodized aluminum motor mount holds a compact type 380 motor.
- 2-belt drivetrain utilizes an 18T center pulley and efficiently transmits the motor power to the front & rear wheels.
- Carbon-fiber double deck layout includes a 2mm thick 2-piece upper and a 2.25mm thick lower deck.
- Battery pack and R/C unit positions are interchangeable to enable different chassis weight distributions.
Separately Required Items
●2-channel R/C unit with ESC.
●R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
●Body and Tires
●Item 55105 Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) & compatible charger.