The new Ultima RB5 SP2 WC Limited Edition is the latest in the Ultima line of vehicles, and has been re-engineered and equipped for more speed and performance. It includes enhancements that were designed for the 2011 world championships by Kyosho engineers and tested over the last year by Kyosho International factory drivers like Jared Tebo and Kohta Akimoto. This type of development, along with the uncompromising manufacturing standards and the vast experience that can only be gained from decades of high-level competition, makes the Ultima RB5 SP2 WC Limited Edition a strong choice as the car to beat for the 2012 season.
RB5 SP2 WC Limited Edition New Features
- Big Bore Velvet Coated shocks – Previously available only as an option part, the ultra smooth big bore shocks take over where the previous velvet shocks left off and dramatically increases rough track performance. This also includes the extremely tight tolerance X-Gear springs. New gun metallic color cap and spring adjusters.
- SP Idler Gear – Now included as standard! Reinforced material adds durability and performance to the transmission
- Tungsten Diff Balls – Dramatically increases differential longevity and performance.
- Hard Servo Saver – New revised material takes out unwanted flex in the steering for more precise steering feel. Gun metallic colored spring adjuster.
- Steel One Piece Front Axles – Allows easy adjustment of front track width and eliminates extra parts, such as the drive hex and pins. Clamp wheel hub in gun metallic is included for the rear!
- New Front Suspension – The arms have been lengthened 2mm and the suspension mount narrowed to keep the same track width and reduce the rate of camber change in the front end for increased steering. SP hinge pin brace in gun metallic color and big bore front shock tower is also included as standard!
- New Slipper Clutch – New improved slipper clutch for improved traction and consistent performance. Includes new vented slipper plates, new revised pads, and spring set-up.
- Trident Body – This high downforce body has been the main choice for most of our factory drivers.
- S-Type Blast Wing – Small blast wing enhances steering and traction, and has also been the choice of most of our factory drivers.
- Rear Suspension Mounts and Transmission Housing – The lower rear suspension mounts on the chassis are revised to accommodate the longer suspension arms. The IFMAR legal maximum width is maintained by moving the suspension mounts 2mm towards the center of the chassis. The transmission housing is also modified to fit the new suspension mounts. The motor centering set has shifted the motor to the right by 8mm to keep the rear end balanced and in control.
- Low Profile Rear Shock Tower – Reducing the height of the rear shock tower slightly lowers the center of gravity, which improves cornering ability, and by reducing the height of the shock tower in relation to the wing and wing mount, it offers addition protection against crash damage.
- Hard Rod Ends – The rod ends feature a new, stronger material that is more durable and resists contamination from dirt. This means that the rod ends stay tighter and are less likely to be damaged or separate from the ball stud in the event of a hard crash.
- Revised Rear Hubs – Factory drivers have determined that only one of the hinge pin holes was ever used in the original RB5 wheel hubs, so the extra hole was eliminated for the new SP Edition. Combined with a new, more durable material, these hubs are not only much stronger, they’re also lighter and the new geometry produces more stable handling characteristics.
- Carbon Composite Chassis – specially formulated carbon fiber composite for the best balance of performance and durability.
- Transmission – Features an externally adjustable three-gear design with an internal ball differential that uses standard 3/32inch diff balls and 1/16inch thrust balls. Includes tight-fitting molded dust cover to protect pinion and spur gear.
- Rear Suspension Symmetry – The arms are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the car. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using separate suspension mounts, which allows anti-squat adjustment. Vertical ball studs for both ends of the upper link suspension geometry can be fine-tuned with shims for roll center adjustments.
- Front Suspension – Long suspension arms connect to a narrow front mount, which can be set for 25 or 30 degrees of hinge pin angle. Like the rear arms, a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the car.
- Chromoly Turnbuckles – Use of a stronger material means the new turnbuckles can be made lighter and stronger than the original steel turnbuckles. The new turnbuckles feature a 3mm square adjuster, which further reduces weight.
- Offset steering hubs – Floating axles ride in bearings that are mounted in the hub for more responsive suspension. The front track width is also easily adjusted.
- 12MM Hex Wheel Hubs – 6 contact points spread the load on the wheel to prevent stripping and the larger, flat mounting surface keeps the wheels running straight and true.
- Steering Assembly – Steering bellcranks are mounted on the chassis at the same angle as the suspension arms to eliminate bump steer and produce more accurate Ackerman geometry throughout the entire range of steering motion.
- Captured Hinge Pins – The hinge pins are much more secure and less likely to come loose.
New Part Numbers Included In Kit:
- LA221HB Hard Servo Saver
- LA251S BLAST Wing S-size
- LAW30GM Clamp Wheel Hub
- UM520S Short Rear Shock Stay
- UM525B Front Shock Stay
- UM566 Middle Sus. Arm Set
- UM567 Front Sus. Mount
- UM568 SP Front Hinge Pin Brace
- UM569 Steel Axle Shaft
- UM570 Slipper Disk
- UM571 Slipper Sheet
- UM572 Slipper Spring Set
What is a Kit?
A Kit is a higher level vehicle that includes nearly everything you will need to build a rolling chassis. You will need to supply items like motor, ESC, battery, tires and radio equipment. Required items may vary from kit to kit so please see Required Items For Completion section for full list.
Required For Completion
- R/C System / 2-channel, 1-servo, 1 ESC and motor combo.
- 1/10 Off Road Tires with Inserts
- 7.2v or 7.4v Ni-Cd/ Ni-Mh/ Lipo battery
- Battery Charger Ni-Mh or Lipo
- Batteries for RC System
Length: 380mm (14.9in)
Width: 249mm (9.8in)
Height: 140mm (5.5in)
Wheelbase: 270mm (10.6in)
Gear Ration: 2.6:1 (1st)
Weight: 1,620g approx
30067B – $449.99 MSRP
Available: October 2011