From Kyosho America: Not content with its impressive record of multiple victories, the Inferno ST charges ahead with further enhancements in the most powerful version yet in the form of the Inferno ST RR EVO. The dynamic off-road speed of a racing buggy combines with the strength of a stadium truck to produce a machine that continues to set new benchmarks for speed and durability in the exciting “Truggy” category. Also, with the wide scope of setting variations available, you can fine tune for that winning edge. To utilize this potential, the RR EVO adds the small diameter flywheel adopted from the 1/8 Buggy World Champion Inferno MP9 to strengthened straight cut bevel gears and dial-adjustable big bore shocks for precision setting. The newly designed body combines a low profile form and forward cabin with the MP9’s rear wing to produce sure-footed rear grip and superior maneuverability. The dynamic performance of the Inferno ST RR EVO will blow the truggy racing competition away and puts the Inferno’s legendary off-road power in your hands.
Available: September 2011
- Long Chassis – Instead of just guessing and producing a random long chassis, the designers and team drivers exhaustively tested different configurations of varying lengths and weight distribution to establish which provides the best performance. The front-weighted chassis that was chosen features extra length for rock-solid stability in the bumps, while concentrating weight as far forward as possible to give the ST-RR EVO exceptional steering response. It’s the best of both worlds; ultra crisp steering response and unrivaled stability.
- Big Bore Shocks – New dial adjustable Big Bore Shocks give you precision adjustment of the front and rear suspension.
- Improved Shock Boots – New accordion-style shock boots keep the big 3.5mm shock shafts clean.
- Strengthened Ring & Pinion Gears – The internal ring and pinion gears of the drivetrain are now formed of the strongest material, which means the ring and pinion gears will be better able to withstand the punishment of long races and the biggest, most powerful engines.
- Lightweight Universal Driveshafts – The new driveshafts feature a lightweight design and are made from ultra-durable hardened steel – the strongest and most durable material ever used. Installed at the front, center and rear of the drivetrain, all of the driveshafts feature a distinctive black/silver finish.
- Low Profile, High Down-force Cab Forward Body – Looks are almost as important as performance to some racers, and the new ST-RR includes a modern, low-profile extended body to fit the long chassis of the truck resulting in more steering.
- Extended Wing Mount – A new rear wing mount raises the rear wing 18mm and moves it 8mm to the rear, creating more down force for better jumping performance and improved high-speed handling and traction.
- Wide Offset Wheel Hubs – Previously optional wide offset hubs are now standard equipment for the ST-RR. They increase the width of the truck 18mm for more stability through uneven bumps and high-speed corners, which gives you the confidence to keep the throttle pinned through the rough sections for even faster lap times. Standard and medium offset hubs are still available for extra tuning options.
- High-Grade (HG) Air Filter – Introduced in the MP9 buggy, the HG air filter features a new high-density, high-flow foam that is more resistant to various types of filter oil. The high-density structure of the foam means this filter captures more dirt particles to keep your racing engine running stronger for longer. The high flow rate means that the engine can still breathe exceptionally well and maintain maximum power even through a grueling 1-hour main event. The faceted texture of the outer filter provides more surface area, which means it breathes better for longer than a standard round filter.
- Legendary Kyosho Quality – In addition to all the exciting new features, the ST-RR EVO also features the unique manufacturing methods and premium quality materials that make Kyosho vehicles legendary for their quality, precision and durability. Most of the details are not obvious because some plastic parts look just like other plastic parts, but only the experience of seven 1/8 off-road World Championships (more than all other manufacturers COMBINED) provides the unique knowledge of exactly what materials and designs work best. Whether it’s precision grinding for exact parts fit, high-grade race-tested composites, high-tech aluminum and steel alloys, space age coatings or premium-quality bearings, there are plenty of reasons why educated and experienced racers prefer Kyosho.
- Mud Guards – Thin, light weight mud guards cover a larger area from the leading face of the rear suspension arm. It protects against dirt and mud as well as hard hits from rocks.
- MP9 Parts – The ST-RR EVO is equipped with race proven, driver tested parts. Like the vented brake disk, HG air filter, high down force wing and low profile engine mounts making this the truck to beat at the track.
- Flanged Hinge Pin – New flanged hinge pins and nylon nuts are used to secure the outer lower suspension, allowing easy installation/removal for simple maintenance.
Required For Operation
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C system for cars
- Engine / 21- 28 class engine (SG Crank type)
- Manifold and tuned muffler
- Tires and inner sponges
- Fuel, engine starting tools
- Paint for body
- Batteries for R/C system
- No.96176 HG Air Cleaner Oil
- Scale: 1/8
- Length: 575mm (22.6in)
- Height: 428mm (16.8in)
- Wheelbase: 373-378mm (14.6-14.8in)
- Gear Ratio: 16.54:1
- Weight: 3,750g Approx.
- Engine: SG Style .21/28 *Not Included