Project Traxxas Summit LT Action Video

Feb 07, 2011 9 Comments by

Check out the Traxxas Summit LT project vehicle featured in the March 2011 issue of RC Car Action magazine. This custom project gives Traxxas’ go-anywhere monster truck a more realistic stance with narrower arms and 2.2 tires.

Click here for more monster truck videos.

Editor Monster Trucks, Editor Rock Crawling, Featured News

9 Responses to “Project Traxxas Summit LT Action Video”

1. Doug Vader says:

Nice. Thanks for the great build!

• dan says:

i am about to do the summit lt build with a few mods here and there. what i need to know is when the toe links going to be released? thats the only part i am missing. thanks for the help..dan

2. DAVE LYTLE says:

ALL YOUR STUFF IS WAY COOL I HAVE 12 RC CARS N TRUCKS FROM NITRO TO BRUSHLESS I LOVE EM ALL I SUBSCRIBE TO RCCA MAG
    KEEP UP THE GREAT SITE.
    IM 66 YEARS OLD AND I STILL KICK IT OFTEN

D@VE/DADDYO

3. SKitles says:

that thing is soo sic, im getting a summit rolling chassis off craiglist, an the slayer parts brand new, an mamba monster brand new, i like it so much, thank you for building it an sharing with everyone, i absolutly cant wait, an ima get a chevy body for it, an make it look like my lifted 93 Z71, keep an eye out on youtube for “my custom summit”… lol
    oh do you think if i get the alum. integy cv shafts for the slayer pro 4×4, will they fit,… well ill make em

4. James blue says:

Hey man nice, almost done with mine think i am going to run the stok ESC with Dewalt 12v motor they work great being over volted currently running that set up on my other summit. But what ESC/Motor you running sorry if it has already been posted I cant seem to find it.

5. Ale says:

This is not new or original, it was done like two years ago by a guy at the traxxas fourm, search for Summit SUV

Hello, Ale. I never said I was the first person to do this. That said, I have never seen one like mine using Slayer Pro arms, but I have seen plenty of Summits with small tires.

6. Broke Winger says:

Dude that Summit is SICK! I’ve been drooling over it for a while. I’ve been sacing up to buy a summit and I’m getting close to getting it. I know I’ll want to go for the more scale look as well. I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering them. Other than the Slayer pro A arms what other parts did you have to change for this build? How does the handling differ from the stock configuration? Does this mod set have any adverse effects on the the ability to adjust toe,camber, or ride height?

Again your truck is awesome and looks as close to scale as you’re going to get with a Summit I think. Good job!