Team Novak is pleased to introduce the new Kinetic Spec Brushless ESC (#1742). This controller is specifically designed for spec class racing, while still including many features of the flagship Kinetic 2S! This speed control will also be available as a system paired with three Ballistic Spec Motors – 10.5T (#3160), 13.5T (#3161) and 17.5T (#3162).
Team Novak’s Kinetic speed controls have revolutionized the R/C market with their signature advanced programming features. The all new Kinetic Spec Brushless ESC (#1742) extends Novak’s line of racing controllers. Truly a combination of affordability and customizable features, the ESC is perfect for Spec and Sportsman racing. The Kinetic Spec is a compact, sensored ESC that will put you in the winning circle of Spec Class racing!
AN AFFORDABLE AND COMPACT KINETIC
Team Novak is pleased to introduce the new Kinetic Spec Brushless ESC. This new ESC is specifically designed for spec class racing, while still including most of the features of the flagship Kinetic 2S! Racers looking for an ESC that includes a ROAR Sportsman class profile with the speed and power of an ultimate racing controller will find the perfect balance in the Kinetic Spec. For those seeking a more affordable alternative to costly high-end ESCs, the Novak Kinetic Spec will provide the best of both worlds, reliable speed and economy.
With Spec racing gaining in popularity, Novak is proud to provide racers with such a feature packed ESC. On top of including most of the features of the original Kinetic, this new speed controller features a low profile heat sink and Novak’s smaller Power Trans-Cap Module (#5687), all at an affordable price! It can be paired with any sensored BL 540 motor over 8.5T and any sensored BL 550 motor over 5.5T. It is also compatible with 2S or 1S applications (1S may require an external module such as Novak’s Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module #5474).
SPEC RACING MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Novak’s Kinetic Speed Controls contain the latest R/C technology on the market, and the Kinetic Spec is no exception. The Kinetic Spec uses the same power section as the Kinetic 2S. The Kinetic Spec also has a zero timing mode and boasts the sophisticated Dynamic Timing Advance. This electronic motor-timing feature has eight on-board timing settings—with further adjustability via the NovaLink™ —and increases the motor RPM dynamically throughout the throttle band. The increased RPM, in turn, results in higher speeds and improved speed control performance. It also features complete on-board programmability and built-in PC interface software.
Via Novak’s optional NovaLink™ Programming Interface, many of the Kinetic Spec’s adjustable parameters can be fine tuned via PC. Drivers can adjust the ESC’s multiple parameters by inputting the desired values or using the PC interface’s user-friendly graphic controls. The ESC’s firmware can also be regularly updated via the NovaLink™. For full details on the NovaLink™ Programming Interface (#5440), please visit Novak’s website.
KINETIC SPEC / BALLISTIC SYSTEMS
The Kinetic Spec can be purchased separately or as a system. Kinetic Spec / Ballistic Brushless Systems are available in three motor turns: 10.5T (#3160), 13.5T (#3161) and 17.5T (#3162). Novak’s best selling Ballistic Spec Brushless Motors (#3610 – #3617) are completely rebuildable, right down to the hardware. These sleek motors are ROAR/IFMAR approved, boast a removable shielded sensor harness, and contain a 12.3mm nickel-plated sintered Neodymium rotor for maximum motor acceleration, braking power and performance in high-temperature conditions.
The Kinetic Spec Brushless ESC (#1742) and Kinetic Spec / Ballistic Brushless Systems (#3160-#3162) will be available in late February 2011. For full details, please visit Novak’s website.
KINETIC SPEC BRUSHLESS ESC FEATURES
- Multiple adjustable parameters via on-board or optional PC interface: Minimum Brake (0-30%), Drag Brake (0-30%), Minimum Drive (0-15%), Timing Level (0-55° + boost), Timing Set Point (19,500-4,000), Dead Band (2-8%), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (1.67-13.7 KHz), Brake End Point (10-100%), Drive Frequency (16-7 KHz), and Voltage Cut-Off
- Novak’s Dynamic Timing Advance increases the motor’s RPM dynamically through the throttle band
- Maximum-available electronic-motor timing – more than 50 degrees plus boost with eight on-board settings
- Compatible with the NovaLink™ for advanced programming options, including fine-tuning of timing, ESC and motor temperature diagnostics, and an adjustable boost delay
- Meets specifications for ROAR Sportsman Class Racing
- On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor’s sensors are working properly
- NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any timing condition
- Sensor-based for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
- User friendly on-board programming interface with five colored status LEDs
- Firmware can be updated via the NovaLink™
- Battery Type Selection circuitry for Li-Po, Li-Fe and Ni-MH battery packs
- Locked Rotor Detection and Thermal Overload Protection with on-board temperature diagnostics
- Eight layered, 2 oz., copper-clad PC board for lowest possible power loss
- Low Profile heat sink and a water-resistant case with a protective silicone gasket
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, assembled and tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally sourced components
KINETIC SPEC BRUSHLESS ESC SPECIFICATIONS
Design ……………………………….. Sensor based
ESC Weight (w/o wires) ……….. 1.15 oz. (32.6 g)
ESC Footprint……………………… 1.16” x 1.47” x 0.70” (29.5 x 37.3 x 17.8 mm)
Input Voltage ………………………. 1-2S Li-Po/Li-Fe cells or 4-6 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
Motor Limit …………………………. 540 (8.5T Limit) and 550 (5.5T Limit) sensored brushless motor
On-Resistance …………………… 0.00040 ohms @ 25° C trans. temp.
BEC …………………………………… 6.0 volts DC / 2.0 amps
Status LEDs ………………………. 5
Voltage Cut-Off …………………… 6.25V (Li-Po), 4.75 (Li-Fe) [adjustable via NovaLink™]
Power Wires ……………………….. 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire