Latest race news from Reedy:
Open Class Entries Re-Open
Sunday, 12/19 at 1200pm PST
Lake Forest, CA – Six short weeks from now, the Reedy Race returns to West Coast R/C Raceway and there is still an opportunity to be a part of it.
With a successful lottery entry system and the waiting list contacted, a few entries for the open class still remain. There is still a maximum of 150 entries between 2WD Open and 4WD Open and signups are only available on www.rcsignup.com and must be paid upon entry. Once we reach 150 paid entries, the event will be closed. A direct link to the Open Class entries can be found here: http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di…nt.cfm?ID=1654
As for the Invitational class, the event has assembled the top electric off-road drivers including Cavalieri, Kinwald, Maifield, Pavidis, Evans, Kortz, Hohwart, Tebo, Phend, Cragg, Chambers, Truhe, Bradby, Martin, Root, Matsukura, Amezcua, Neumann, Wilck, Hartson, Thielke, Hönigl, Pinisch, Pillars, Rheinard, Hodapp, Tessmann, Brown, Ruona, and Maezumi.
- In order to provide a fair event, drivers entered in to the Reedy Race may not drive on the layout until Thursday, January 27. The layout will be installed January 23-24.
- Orange County R/C Raceway (OC/RC) will be open and available for practice leading up to the event. Information about the facility and hours can be found at www.ocrcraceway.com or by calling (714) 892-6699.
- Invitational drivers will have assigned pit spaces by team, and Open class drivers will not be able to reserve pit spaces until Thursday morning.
- The host hotel is the Holiday Inn La Mirada, and can be reached at (714) 739-8500 and use the code “Reedy Race.” A shuttle to and from the track to the hotel will be provided.
- All tires used at the event must be purchased and marked by the organizer.
- Sales will begin Wednesday, January 26 and will cost $14.00 per pair.
- Tire additives (including motor spray) are not allowed or necessary.
- Invitational tires will be collected and impounded overnight.
Additional information about the event can be found at www.reedyrace.com.