New from Team Associated
Now you can enjoy Team Associated’s world-class performance with true scale authenticity in a 1:18 scale late model oval racer! Team Associated is proud to bring to you the RC18 Late Model; a 1:18 scale RTR (Ready-To-Run) electric 4WD late model oval racer.
The RC18 Late Model features a newly designed chassis with a fully enclosed, 2-belt, drive train system that is capable of handling the extreme amount of power that today’s brushless motors and LiPo batteries can dish out. Along with durability, the drive train is sealed to help keep rocks and dirt away from all the gears and pulleys.
The RC18 Late Model comes fully assembled with a painted and decaled late model race body, chrome late model style wheels, aggressive checkerboard tread scale tires, all designed to look just like the full-size race cars that run in dirt oval series around the country. At first glance it’s easy to see that the RC18 Late Model is another champion by design!
RC18 Late Model Ready-To-Run Features:
- Realistic dirt late model body made with 0.8mm (0.03”) polycarbonate
- Chrome late model style wheels with aggressive checkerboard tread scale tires
- Realistic rear bumper and foam front bumper for maximum impact protection
- Molded composite chassis with sealed drive train
- XP3-SS 2.4 GHz 3-Channel radio system
- Durable gear differentials with a 2.31:1 ratio gearbox
- 2-belt drive system for ultimate durability capable of handling most brushless/LiPo combos
- Dual bell crank steering for improved cornering performance
- Newly designed servo saver for optimal straight line tracking
- Hinged battery strap for quick battery changes
- Complete set of 15 precision ball bearings
- Vertical ball end easy-roll center adjustments
- Composite fluid-filled shock bodies with preload clips for adjustable ride height
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.31:1
RC18 Late Model RTR
Availability: March 2010
Trevor “Chilly” Duncan
Online News Editor
Radio Control Car Action