Latest race news from Losi:Team Losi Racing burned up the track at the 2010 Chili Bowl Jr. dirt oval race, run in conjunction with the 24th Annual Chili Bowl which is the biggest Midget race in the world. With over 220 entries the Dirt Late Model class was the largest with 70 entries including many of the fastest racers in the country. The Team Losi Racing L8IGHT Model was used by different drivers to Top Qualify each of the three qualifying rounds.
The A-Main saw 9 of the 10 finalists driving the L8IGHT Model. L8IGHT Model drivers Gary Guffey (TX), Josh Hudson(IL), and Matt Murphy(CA) made it a 1-2-3 Losi sweep to finish off the week long race event. In addition to the great drive by the Texan, Gary Guffey, was the drive by Matt Murphy who raced his way into the A-Main getting a third place finish after bumping up from the C and B mains by finishing at the front. Matt used a Losi 350 Engine, as used in the Losi RTR’s.
Congratulations go out to all the racers as well as the organizers for putting on a great show for the overflow crowd.
1. Gary Guffey – L8IGHT
2. Jason Hudson – L8IGHT / Dynamite /Spektrum
3. Matt Murphy – L8IGHT / LOSI 350
5. Doug Gaut – L8IGHT / Dynamite /Spektrum
6. Eugene Ryder – L8IGHT / Spektrum
7. Ralph Walters – L8IGHT / Dynamite /Spektrum
8. Lars Johnson – L8IGHT / Dynamite /Spektrum
9. Lee Morrison – L8IGHT / Dynamite /Spektrum
10. Michael Shackelford – L8IGHT /Spektrum
Photo courtesy of Chris K. at RC Driver Magazine
Trevor “Chilly” Duncan
Online News Editor
Radio Control Car Action