New from Kyosho
The boom of the R/C short course racing is spreading across the world and is becoming a part of some of the major races in the U.S. ROAR already has announced this class and regulations have been introduced. The Ultima SC has been designed with all of the racing performance in mind and meets all ROAR regulations. This Ready-Set (Ready to Run) is not just a backyard basher but a race ready chassis with many of the high performance traits from the Ultima RT5.
- New Carbon Fiber Composite Chassis, 40mm longer than RT5
- Inpact Resistant Front, Rear and Side Bumpers
- New Scale Looking Wheels
- Newly Designed Uni Patern Tires
- Equipped With 12mm Wheel Hex Hubs
- 1mm Think High-Impact Lexan Body For Superior Durability
- Sealed Gear Box with 4pcs metal bevel gears
- Lipo Compatible ESC
- Composite Chassis – The chassis plate is 40mm longer then the RT5. Light and strong, featuring a specially formulated carbon fiber composite for the best balance of peformance and durability. Strategic braces molded into the chassis enhance the stiffness without adding any unnecessary weight. Seperate front and rear clips allow fast and easy removal of the front and rear end of the car, which makes maintenance and repair much easier. Designed to accept stick packs and 2 cell lipo packs, the RT5 chassis features an adjustable battery mounting position that allows you to shift weight bias to suit track conditions and your driving style.
- Transmission – The new transmission features a smaller, more compact housing that keeps the motor as low and close to the transmission as possible, which reduces CG and improves bump handling. The three- gear transmission features a new heavy duty SP idler gear an sealed gear box with 4pcs metal bevel gears.
- Rear Suspension – The rear suspension are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the truck, saving money and space inside your pit box because you don’t need to carry as many replacement parts. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using seperate suspension mounts, which will allow anti-squat adjustment. Vertical ball studs for the both inner and outer rod ends of the upper link means the rear suspension geometry can be fine tuned with shims.
- Front Suspension – Symmetrical suspension arms connect to a narrow front bulkhead. The bumper/skid plate, suspension block, nose plate and front bulkhead all come together to form a very rigid assembly, to which the front suspension arms mount to. The standard position of the suspension mount produces 25 degrees of hinge pin angle in the front arms, but simply flipping the suspension mount increases hinge pin angle to 30 degrees. The added flexibility of having adjustable hinge pin angles means you have more options when it comes to setting up your truck. Like the rear arms, a single replacement arm can be used on either side.
- Floating Axles – While floating axles ride in bearings that are mounted in the nub instead of the wheel, this moves the weight of the bearings inboard for extremely more responsive suspension. The bearings are under less stress, and they’re better shielded from the elements.
- Steering Assembly – The steering bellcranks are mounted on the chassis at the same angle as the suspension arms. This eliminates bump steer and produces more accurate Acherman geometry throughout the entire range of steering motion. The steering plate (center link) features horizontally mounted ball studs, which mean the Acherman can be fine tuned by using shims behind the ball studs offering a nearing infinite range of adjustments.
- Captured Hing Pins – A simple button head screw captures all the outer hinge pins of the Ultima SC. The rear inner hinge pins are truly captured between the suspension mounts, and the notched inner front pins are secured with a setscrew through the front suspension mount. This means that the hing pins are much more secure and less likely to come loose.
- Shock Towers – The front shock tower is mounted as far back on the chassis as possibl y, as are the shocks, to keep the mass as low as possible. The rear shock tower is also designed to keep a low profile, yet allow enough suspension travel to ensure the best possible handling. The shock towers are molded from an exhaustively tested composite, which is much more costly to produce than shock towers made from woven graphite, but will also provide greater durability.
- Threaded Composite Shocks – The composite shock bodies feature a threaded spring pre-load collar for quick and easy adjustment. The threaded adjuster features an O-ring that prevents the preload settings from moving, which ensures consistent performance from start to finish.
- Fan Cooled 20 Turn HP Motor – High performance and longevity are the key features of the G20 motor. It has an internal cooling fan so the motor stays cool and strong from run to run.
- Reliable Perfex Radio System – Pre-installed KR6 AM. receiver and a reliable Perfex KT6 pistol grip transmitter.
- Lipo or NiMh – The Perfex ESC is compatible with either Lipo 7.4v 2cell or 8.4v NiMh (7cell).
- RT5 Compatible – Most parts are compatible with the Ultima RT5 and most RT5 optional parts.
Ready Set Contents:
- Pre-Assembled Chassis
- Pre-Painted Body
- Lipo Compatible ESC
- G20 Stock Motor
- Perfex KT6 Transmitter and R/C System
- Cross Wrench
Required For Operation:
- AA- Batteries x8
- 7.2v/8.4v NiMh Stick Pack (3300mAh or higher)
- 2S- 1P Lipo
- Proper charger for proper type of battery
Wheelbase (min): 286mm
Final Drive: 2.6:1
Part #: 30855X-B (1/10th EP Ultima SC Truck Ready Set)