New from AE:
The ultra-realistic SC8 was designed to look like full-size 4WD race trucks that compete on short course off-road tracks around the country. Team Associated’s all-new SC8e kit brings all of that scale excitement to those who prefer the awesome performance, convenience, and cleanliness of electric power.
Like the SC8, the SC8e was designed to meet the scale specifications and handling of full-size short course race trucks. It’s all there! A durable and realistic clear race truck body, KMC™ wheels with realistic off-road tires, scale suspension travel, full roll-cage, and functional mud flaps result in an unparalleled scale experience.
Good looks mean nothing without the engineering to back it up. Team Associated’s engineering team has developed a practical chassis design that incorporates the same exceptional strength, durability, cornering capability, jumping ability, and rough track handling that characterize the nitro SC8. With special features such as a hard anodized machined chassis, correctly balanced and optimized weight distribution, composite Big Bore shocks featuring 4mm gold shafts, and upgraded steering system, the SC8e is right at home on the race track – just like its full-size counterparts.
Scale realism and electric power make the SC8 the must-have truck in 2009!
SC8e Kit Features:
- Authentic, scale 1.5mm thick short course truck unpainted body
- Functional full roll cage with integral dirt shields
- Functional and realistic front and rear bumpers with mud flaps
- Scale wheels and tires with foam inserts and bead guards
- Molded battery tray supports two ROAR-approved 1:10 scale size 7.4v LiPo battery packs with room for foam pads
- Receiver box, servo, and battery tray remove from car in one piece for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Convenient wire routing keeps critical electronic wires out of drive-train components and simplifies disassembly
- Includes pinion gear (15T) and molded composite spur gear (46T)
- Rigid one-piece motor mount utilizes standard motor screw mounting pattern
- Large elevated speed control mounting area allows for easy screw mounting of common speed controllers
- Upgraded dual bell-crank steering for more consistent steering and reduced bump-steer
- 16mm Big-Bore molded composite shocks with pre-load clips
- Hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- 3mm aluminum shock towers
- Durable 10mm thick suspension arms
- Rear molded CVA boots to keep dirt and mud out of rear joints
- Alloy steel turnbuckles
- Caster blocks adjust 14, 16, or 18 degrees with molded inserts
- Adjustable suspension pivot bushings for different pivot height options
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain
- Utilizes 3 hook-and-loop straps to secure LiPo batteries into battery tray
- Enclosed receiver box to protects electronic components
Internal Gear Ratio 4.30:1
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
BODY IS UNPAINTED.
*Actual weight will vary depending on the electronics used in the finished kit.
SC8e 1:8 Scale 4WD Electric Off-Road Race Truck Kit
Availability: April 2009